[Chapter 8] The secret.

Explicit scenes in this chapter: mentions of self-harm, mention of eating disorder

𝐶 𝐴 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅 𝑆 𝑃 𝑂𝑉

I turn sideways and look at my stomach in the mirror, I should be fine not eating for a few more days. Ashlyn was right, I need to lose weight. I haven't eaten in almost five days, since homecoming. I know that night Noah was just trying to make me feel better so I didn't read too much into it.

Not like it was true anyway, he danced with me, but it was because of Ashlyn's comment. He didn't want to. I slip on a hoodie to cover the marks on my wrist, new marks, covering the old scars. I slip on leggings to cover the marks on my thighs, it burns but I don't want anyone to see them. It's pouring down rain today so no one will question my outfit.

I brush my teeth and brush my hair out before putting my Nikes on. I grab my keys and backpack before running downstairs. "Hey, Car. Are you eating breakfast here?" I shake my head.

"Amber and I are gonna grab something." She nods.

"Okay, I love you."

"Love you too!" I shut the door and pull my hood up on the way to my car. I immediately blast my heater and run by Ambers to pick her up.

"Hey, Bitch!" I smile as she gets in the car.

"Hey."

"Let's just stop by Starbucks and get a breakfast sandwich?" I nod and start our drive to Starbucks. We pull into the drive-through and I order her a breakfast sandwich and iced coffee.

"You want anything? I'm paying." I shake my head.

"Ate at home." She nods before handing me her card. I pay and drive off to school. The dizziness is pretty bad today, worse than normal. My headache is horrible too, it feels like my head is throbbing.

"You okay? You look pale." I shrug.

"Didn't get enough sleep last night, I'm fine." It's true. I haven't been getting enough sleep either. As much as I hate to admit it Noah has been on my mind when I try to sleep and it keeps me up. I don't know why I think about him so much before homecoming I never had problems.

We walk into the school and I go straight to my locker. I shove some books In there before Noah shows up. He comes to my locker every morning. "You look sick." I shut my locker and look Noah in the eye.

"I'm fine, I just didn't get enough sleep." He narrows his eyes before nodding. We have the first period together so we usually walk together.

"Ready to go?" I clear my throat.

"I have to go to the bathroom, I'll meet you in there." He nods.

"Okay, you sure you're okay?" I nod with a smile before walking to the bathroom. I don't have to go to the bathroom but I need to sit down before I pass out and the classroom is too far.

I sit down against the wall for a few minutes before regaining my strength and walking to class. I sit in my seat next to Noah. I don't say anything, I just lay my head on my desk and close my eyes. I don't realize I fell asleep until someone shakes me awake. I open my eyes and see Noah looking at me.

"Class is over." I lift my head and take Noah's hand. He helps me up and I grab my bag.

My morning classes went by pretty quickly and now it's lunch. I make my way to our table and sit down, not looking up I just scroll through my phone. "You look like hell." I look up at Trent with a glare.

"Thanks." He sends Amber a questioning look but she just shrugs. I look back down at my phone until I start getting dizzy again.

"I'm going to the bathroom." Their heads turn towards me as I push my seat back and stand up, but then I go falling. The last thing I hear before the blackness takes over is Noah yelling my name.