[Chapter 17] You're loved.

"Can I do your makeup?"

"No," I sigh and twist the rings on my fingers.

"Can I paint your nails?"

"No," I groan and roll onto my stomach.

"Can we do face masks?"

"Makeup makes-" I interrupt him and sit up.

"Face masks aren't makeup they're good for your skin," he sighs before nodding. I get up and scurry off to the bathroom to get them.

Noah got discharged from the hospital last night. We're waiting for dinner to be done so that we can eat then go to his house to get his stuff. Tomorrow is Monday and he goes back to school and the caseworker comes over for my dad to sign the papers to be his legal guardian.

Until he's eighteen at least.

My mom and dad have started fighting a lot more, a lot of it is about Noah staying here. I assure him every time that he's not going anywhere. We still haven't talked about..us if we're even an us. See this is why we need to talk about it.

"Sit up," I tell him as I walk back into the room and get on the bed. He sits up with my help and leans against the headboard. He spreads his legs a little so I can stand on my knees between them. I start applying the face mask when I hear little footsteps.

"What are you doing?" He climbs up on the bed and up to us.

"Face masks," he gasps excitedly.

"Can I do one?" I nod before pointing to the bathroom.

"Go get another one from under the sink," he jumps off the bed before running into the bathroom. I'm careful to not put any of the face mask over his stitches. I finish as Cayden comes waltzing out of the bathroom with another one in his hand.

He laughs when he sees Noah. "You look like a piece of broccoli," he says, referring to the green face mask. I roll my eyes with a laugh and grab the one from Cayden. I take a couple of minutes putting his on before my own.

"Come here," I sit next to Noah and tell Cayden to come over to me and face the mirror at the end of my bed. "Smile," I take a picture and post it on my Snapchat story.

"Now what?"

Now you kiss me- Stop

"Now we wait fifteen minutes and then take them off," I lay on my back and close my eyes. The boys talk about video games or something while I'm almost asleep until the timer goes off on my phone.

I quickly take them off of all of us when my dad yells that dinner's done. We quickly eat dinner then slip our shoes on. "Be careful and be back by midnight!" We walk out of the house after I grab my keys. I open Noah's door and he gets in then jog around to my side.

I drive ten minutes to his house. I park in the driveway and see a truck parked next to me. He inhales before unbuckling. "Stay behind me. I don't know if he's here," I furrowed my eyebrows.