[Chapter 26] College.

"Why is he always naked?" Noah asks for the fifth time in a row

"Why is he always naked?" Noah asks for the fifth time in a row. Our friends are over and we're all watching the grinch in my room. But Noah has never watched Christmas movies, so he keeps asking questions.

"Because he's not human and he can be. Now shut up before I put tape over your mouth," I slap my hand over his mouth. I can feel him smirk before he licks it. My hand is quickly pulled away.

"Gross!" I wipe my hand on his hoodie as he laughs. Our friends are just staring at us, a couple of them with annoyed expressions the others smug. I narrow my eyes but they quickly look away

Okay?

We go back to watching the movie while cuddling.

___________________

My dad knocks on the door alerting me and Noah that he's standing there. We both look up from my laptop. Noah's helping me with an assignment that I don't understand. "Hey, can I talk to you guys?" I nod and close my computer setting it aside. 

He pulls my desk chair In front of my bed. "Dad, what's going on?" He swallows down a lump in his throat.

"You know I love you both very much-" I interrupt him.

"Dad." He sighs and closes his eyes.

"Your mother and I are separating," my heart drops, what? No. I knew something was going on because she hasn't been home in a while but I wasn't expecting this.

"I-wha- why?" Is the first thing that comes out of my mouth. I squeeze Noah's hand tighter to control my tears. His gaze shifts to Noah.

"It isn't about what she said to you at thanksgiving, we could've worked through that, but your mom has been seeing other men," my at this point my heart is on the floor. She cheated on dad?

"I want to take Cayden on a trip this weekend to tell him, he'll have a harder time processing it." I nod and blink rapidly to keep the tears at bay.

"Okay," he sighs and reaches forward to squeeze my shoulder.

"I trust you guys here alone, you can have your friends stay the night, I'm gonna have Miss Bell come to check on you," I nod again. Miss Bell is our neighbor across the street, she's old but nice.

"I love you guys."

"I love you too," he places three envelopes on my bed.

"You guys got some mail," he stands up and walks out. Noah leans over and places the envelopes on the side table then leans back onto my pillows and pulls me back onto his chest.

"Don't hold back Carter, you can cry," that's what triggers all the tears.

_____________________

I don't have an appetite after the conversation from earlier, so now Noah and I are sitting at the dining table, I'm staring at the pizza in front of me while Noah sits at the chair next to me waiting for me to eat. We've been here nearly an hour.