[Chapter 21] Halloween.

Halloween

Halloween. My least favorite day of the year. Maybe it's because it's cold. Or maybe it's because of what happened at the last Halloween party I went to three years ago. But either way, I hate it.

Amber is forcing me to go to Trent's party. I told her I'm not dressing up. But here I am in a tight black dress. "Put it on!" Amber yells as she holds up the headband with devil horns on them.

"I don't want to." I deadpan but she rolls her eyes and puts it on my head.

"Perfect." She smiles before looking me up and down. "You look hot." She touches up her blush before putting her angel headband and wings on. "So where's Noah?"

She's been prying about what happened with Noah and it's starting to get annoying. "Went to Trent's earlier to help set stuff up," she nods.

"So did you and him make up?"

"Can we stop talking about Noah and leave," I slip on my black heeled boots and walk out of my room with her following.

__________________

The smell of alcohol and weed hit my nose. My face screws up in disgust as I follow Amber to the kitchen. She grabs a beer and without letting me get anything drags me away from the kitchen. "I was gonna ge-"

"I want to find Trent," great, again it's about her. We walk around until we spot the group. "Found them!" She drags me over to them.

"Hey babe," Trent wraps his arm around her and whispers something in her ear. I try to be nonchalant and look around for Noah because he's not standing with the group. A little because I want to know if he's with that girl from earlier.

"Don't worry. He's with Nick getting ice," I look over at Trent who's leaned over Amber.

"Oh. I wasn't-"

"I won't tell anyone," I smile at him before looking down at my feet. Once you get past the rough exterior Trent's a pretty good guy.

"Hey, guys. We got the ice and put it in the cooler," I hear Noah's voice and look up, we meet eyes. He looks me up and down before clearing his throat and stands crossing his arms in front of him.

"We're gonna go dance!" Amber grabs Trent's hand before pulling him through the crowd leaving Nick, Lia, Jeremy, and Justin.

"Us too!" There goes Jer and Justin.

"Uh, we're gonna go get some fresh air," Amelia pulls Nick away leaving just me and Noah staring at each other. I clear my throat.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," I turn around and start walking away.

When I reach the kitchen I search until I find a water bottle. I quickly unscrew it before throwing my head back and taking a drink. "Hey, Car." I turn around to look at Elliot.

"Hey," he smells like alcohol. He gestures to my dress.

"You look good," I smile.

"Thanks," he stuffs his hands in the pockets of his jeans. I think most of the football players and basketball players are just wearing their jerseys.