[Chapter 15] Oh my god.

𝐶 𝐴 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅 𝑆 𝑃 𝑂𝑉

Three days. It's been three days since I've talked to Noah. He isn't even texting me anymore. It's only been me and Lucas doing research, he texts Lucas with what he finds but that's it. We're starting to have to write the rough draft and he's not talking to me.

I don't know what I did wrong. I want him to talk to me. I miss him. Over the last three months, we've gotten close and he's made me a better person, he went from the person I hated the most to the person I want to be with all the time. And now he's not talking to me.

He doesn't even eat lunch with us anymore. I'd be fine if he would tell me what I did. "Carter?" I blink up at the teacher, everyone is looking at me.

"What?"

"The answer? To number three," I clear my throat and look down at the paper.

"Uhm, seven?" The teacher narrows her eyes before nodding.

"Correct, pay more attention to me please," I internally groan. I hate this class.

******

I walk down the hallway and come to a stop when I spot Noah at his locker. I quickly make my way over to him. "Noah, can we talk?" he shuts his locker and looks at me and for a second he relaxes but then clears his throat.

"I have class," he walks away from me as I stand staring at his back, at least he said something to me. Right?

"He got his taste now he's over you Carter, get used to it. Your only use is your body," I turn to Ashlyn. I'm so tired of her bullshit.

"And what's your use, Ashlyn? To stand around and bully people because you can't stand that you don't like yourself? Making people feel worse about themselves isn't gonna make you feel any better, believe me. So leave people the fuck alone." I turn and walk in the direction of my next class.

I walk into my class late, causing everyone to look at me, including Noah. I sigh and sit in my assigned seat next to Noah. I swear the universe hates me today. I look over at Noah whose jaw is clenched so tight I'm surprised it hasn't broken, that's when I notice a new bruise forming on the side of his face.

That wasn't there yesterday. He looks over at me for a split second before looking back at the teacher. He isn't okay, I can see it but he won't talk to me. I sigh and face the teacher.

I miss my best friend.

******

"Hey Car, is everything good with you and Noah?" I look over at Amber.

"Why?"

"Well he hasn't been eating lunch with us, I haven't seen you two hang out in a few days, I was starting to think you two were becoming better friends than us, but then I saw him walk away from you earlier;" I shrug.

"It's a long story," I try to get out of it but she keeps pestering me.

"Well lucky for you it's lunch, and I have time," I sit down at the lunch table with her.

"We kissed in my pool at my grandma's birthday party and then he stormed out, I have no idea what I did. It came out of nowhere," she sits there staring at me.

"You kissed?!" People look over at us.

"Not the point of the story, Amber." I stare down at the table where there is no food. I didn't have an appetite when I woke up.

"Sorry, we'll come back to that," of course we will, "so he just stormed out? That's kinda dramatic," this is why I don't talk to her about this stuff. Amelia is the friend you go to for this stuff.