[Chapter 7] Homecoming.

𝐶 𝐴 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅 𝑆 𝑃 𝑂𝑉

I shut my locker and jump when I see Trent standing there. "What's with you boys scaring the crap out of me?" He rolls his eyes.

"Sorry. I need help." I raise a brow.

"With?"

"I want to ask Amber to homecoming but I don't know how." My face lights up with a smile.

"I was waiting for this." I start walking down the hall with him following me.

"Please, Carter? I don't know what to do." I bite my lip trying to think.

"I think I have an idea. Meet me after school and we'll talk."

******

"Score!" Amelia and I both look at Amber.

"Amber, it's called a touchdown." She looks at us and shrugs. I laugh and shake my head before turning back towards the field right as Noah gets the final touchdown of the game. We cheer before walking down the bleachers and walking onto the field. We walk around until we find the boys.

Noah smiles once he sees us then hits Trent's shoulder. Trent's eyes find me then flicker over to Amber. His face heats up and turns red when she hugs him and then kisses his cheek. Justin and Jeremy wandered off somewhere, and Nick and Amelia are standing off to the side whispering to each other.

"Um, so, I can't do it." Trent looks at me.

"I swear I will beat you if you don't." Amber looks back and forth between us.

"Do what?" Trent sucks in a breath before pulling a football and flowers out from behind his back. There are letters on the football reading, 'Wanna tackle homecoming with me?' Amber's eyes bulge out of her head. He told me he just wanted to bring it up and ask her.

She would've said no if he did that. Amber is very..colorful. She likes romance and stuff like that even if she doesn't seem like it. Although she doesn't know football terms...

Score!

Exhibit A. I figured it'd be a cute idea. "I have a feeling you had something to do with this." I look over at Noah and smirk.

"I had everything to do with this. Do you think Trent could come up with something on his own?" He laughs.

"Probably not." Amber is now kissing Trent. Trent is very dark. He likes black, grey, and white, he's the smoker of the group, he has a motorcycle and he's an ass. But he has a soft spot for Amber. 

"I guess this is a good time to tell you guys we're going together." We turn to Amelia and Nick. Now that I think of it I think, Nick has spoken directly to me twice and it was when I asked if he wanted something to drink.

"We know." We all say in unison. They think they've hidden the looks they send each other or when their faces light up when the other walks in the room but they haven't. Amelia rolls her eyes before wrapping her arms around Nick.

"Okay, you guys need to shower, you are sweaty and stink." Noah sends a smirk to Trent before turning towards me.

"Get her!" Before I can comprehend what's happening I'm taking off to the other side of the field with the guys chasing me. In a matter of ten seconds, I'm tackled to the ground by Noah. "Hold her down Trent." Trent holds his hands on my shoulders keeping me from getting up while Noah starts tickling my sides.

I let out a loud squeal and start laughing. "Okay, okay!" Trent lets go of me and Noah helps me up. "Seriously you do stink though, and you rubbed it on me now I have to take another shower."