Power Mad - PART 4

-Back in the game-

Your POV

We were now entering LEVEL 19. Heck, how far were those two up ahead that we still haved come across them?!

So far, Timmy and I had 3 lifes left. I hope we get out off here soon. With the difficulty level increasing with each new level, the chance of losing another life keeps getting higher.
And after our last one, its game over and bye-bye world!

This level was called 'The Mountain of Fire'.

We were near the top of an active volcano. The clouds above us dark and gloomy as they mixed with the thick smoke. When looking around we noticed a small village near the foot of the mountain. Out of nowhere, the ground began to shake violently. "Well, that can't be good." Timmy said to me, as we both tried our best to remain balanced.

Some lava began errupting from the volcano, slowly going down towards the foot of the mountain. Timmy and I dodging the hot substance as it went flying upwards from the crator.  "That's definitly not good. What do we do?" I asked.

"Come on! We have to look for a coin and fast!" Timmy said, looking around fastly for a pink or green glow. Our eyes both now landing on some kind of small cave beside the lava spitting volcano. "Let's check that one out." I suggested. Timmy getting where I was heading for, he followed me inside the cave.

It was pitch black for a while, until we saw a deep orange-redish glow reflecting on the walls up ahead. As we got out, two fire torches were burning on each side up ahead was a stream of lava. On the other side a new tunnel that would lead us deeper into the underground volcano. I grabbed one of the torches and headed to the lava river.

The lava was up to the edge, three decent-sized rocks floating on the surface.
They were steppingstones to cross the boiling hot lava river. "You first, or me?" I asked Timmy. I wasn't too sure about this but seeing no other way to get past, it was our only option. "I'll go first." Timmy said detirment, taking a few paces back. He took a short run and jumped. I closed my eyes. Only open them when hearing Timmy cheer in triomph.

"Come on, (Y/N)! He said, skipping the other stones to get to the other side.

I gripped my torch tightly. My palms getting a little sweaty. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. I took a few steps back, remaining in my spot for a while before dashing towards the lava river. I landed on the rock safely.
'I was just all in my mind, I guess?'

We got to the dark tunnel. The fire torch making the path easier to follow.

The tunnel eventually ended. The sight before us was stupendous.

There was a giant area of lava, nearly the size of a lake. The steppingstones were there too. Only this time they were way further apart from one another... And that's when we saw it.

The Wanda coin. All the way in the middle of the lava pit.

"How are we gonna get all the way over there?!" Timmy asked worried. "I guess the same way to cross that lava river..." I replied.

I put the torch aside. Taking a leap, I ended up on the first steppingstone. One down, twenty or something more to go!

-Time Skip-

We were now half way there. 'I could have been worse.' I thought to myself, trying to keep my spirits up. That was until I jumped to the next stone. The rock began glowing a bright red. Timmy, who stood beside me, noticed the glow too. "Ugh, me and my big mouth..." I mumbled, scolding myself. A bright ball of light appeared by our arms. A shield and sword were now in my hands. With Timmy it was the same thing.