Something Fishy - PART 3

Your POV

I could see the Sea King hold up his tail, aiming it at Timmy. I quickly swam in front of him, holding him and taking the blow. We flew into a wooden cadge. The force tipping it over and locking it.

"You alright Timmy?" I asked, looking down at my little brother in my arms.
"Yeah, I think so. What about you?" He asked.

Truth be told it didn't hurt too much, but it wasn't plesant either. "I'm good." I smiled slightly.

Timmy glaring at the ruler of Atlantis through the cadge, who swan over. "I'm warning you!-" Timmy started but stopped when seeing little flakes fall down into the cadge.

I glanced up to see the King shaking a fish food shaker above us.

I catch some in my hand, while Timmy staight up held out his tongue.
I tasted it, it was almost like eating wet chips.

"You let Cosmo and Wanda go! Or, or-!" I shouted, thinking of any kind of threat.
But Timmy was first. "Or we'll summon a giant squid to come and cruch you!"

Only for the King, guard and all the other merfolks to laugh at him. Even Cosmo and Wanda were laughing!

I facepalmed. A giant squid? Really? No white sharks or any other preditor? Not even a preditor, a giant blue-ringed octopus would also do the trick. I read they were one of the deadliest animals to live in the ocean.

"A giant squit? Hahaha! What tabloid newspaper told you those existed?" The Sea King asked my little bro.

"I don't read, I just skimp!" Timmy defended, sticking his head out of the top part of the cardge. "Okay! You asked for it!"

'Calling Giant Squid! Calling Giant Squid!' Timmy called out telepathically. But after some time, nothing had happend.
Everyone looking around them in confusion.

"A trial doens't sound to bad now, does it?" I questioned Timmy. Hoping he hadn't just blown our one chance at saving our skins... or schould it be tails?

"Nope. No, it doesn't." He agreed.

"Silence!" The Sea King shouted, "Put them away, we'll settle this in mer-court in the morning!"

Timmy and I glancing at one another unsure. I swallowed anxiously.
'Oh boy, how is this gonna end...'

-Time Skip to the next morning-

We were broad inside the courtroom.

They were on the left side of the counsel table while Timmy and I sat on the right.
Cosmo and Wanda locked up in chains right between the two tables

"Ladies and gentlefish of the jury..." Their lawyer began, but I zoned out.
I had watched many court room and doctor series during my free time.
But being in one, brought up a whole new kind of nervous.

I glanced at Cosmo and Wanda, who gave us a worried look.

"Don't worry, guys. Timmy and I have been studying Atlantian law all night." I said hopeful, organizing my papers.

"We argue a little bit, ask a few questions and then we throw ourselves at the mercy of the court." Timmy sighed like it was a breeze.

"Or we could not do that and actually try to win this case?" I commented.

"Yeah! Besides what do you think the maximum penalty is for sinking a city anyways?" Comso smiled at us.

The King of Atlantis seated on the judge's bench, slamming down his gavel. "Let the trial begin!"

Timmy roze from his seat, and swam out. He cleared his voice before starting. "Ehum, I-"

"Guilty!" The ruler shouted before Timmy even had spoken. "Send in the Cracken."

We looked at a small door, but that was distroyed when the Cracken literaly burst through it. The creature standing as tall as the ceiling.

"Oh come on!" Tlmmy argued. "That's pretty harsh for sinking Atlantis one time!"

"Uhm, actually I sank in 9 times." Cosmo admitted with a stupid smile.

"9 times?!" Timmy and I questioned in disbelieve.

"Send in eight more crackens!" The King demanded. Eight more of the giant creatures bursting though the walls.

"You sank Atlantis 9 time?!" Where was I when his was happening?!" Wanda questioned infuriated.
"Oh, I have a whole secret life you know nothing about." Cosmo grinned with a sigh. But before Wanda could argue further, a cracken wrapped it's tentacle around Cosmo.

I aroze from my seat. "Objection! You can't just let those things eat Cosmo!"

The Atlantian ruler was silent for a moment. "You know what you're right. We'll let them eat all four of you. Send in three more cracken!"

"W-Wait! Can we just say one thing? And by we, I mean (Y/N)?" Timmy asked.
The King shrugged but agreed. "Okay then but make it quick! I got 9 cracken here ans they're all getting overtime."

I looked at Timmy wide-eyed. "Are you mad?!" I whishper-yelled.

"Come on, sis. You got this!" Timmy whispered back to me.

I took a deep breath and swam out from behind the table towards the jury.
"Citizens of Atlantis, you live in a clean, harmonious and eutopian society. Now, my english grades may be average, but doesn't eutopia stand for 'good and a place of ideal well-being'?"

The merfolk silently chattering against one another in agreement.

An idea popping into my head. I turned back towards the judge. "Give us 10 minutes to show you that Cosmo sinking Alantis 9 times was, as a matter of fact, a good thing!"

"And if we're wrong, you can devour us all." Timmy promised.

I looked at him like he was crazy. But also kinda right. Our world had its pro's but definitely had it's con's.

I looked at the King, who seemed deep in thought. "Okay. But just to be safe..." His majesty agreed, before turning to his guards. "Someone inlarge those two last cracken doors while we're gone."