Chapter 19

Every person who walked by us said this:
"Betty and Mark are together!", it was horrible.

In the dining room...
I heard Mark's friends telling him to stay my "boyfriend" to win the bet they had pending. Some of them also spoke badly about me and Mark started to laugh. So, I had no choice but to go to him and throw my whole tray in his face.
"Betty, what are you doing? "
"You just laughed at me to my face, so I'm sorry, but you deserved it. "I said angrily
"What, lovers' quarrel?" said his friend Leo (the one who spoke badly about me before).
"You shut up, I'm not talking to you! "I shouted.
"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Dude tell your girl not to mess with me because if she doesn't, I'm going to...."
"Leo, stop it, okay?" said Mark.

I got out of there in a huff and went to the bathroom to freshen up my face. I heard two girls talking about Mark and, as bad luck would have it, about me.

"Mark is so handsome and on top of that he's a super nice guy," said one of them.
"I'm telling you he is, but he's already taken by a girl named Betty I think. "
"The girl who threw the lentils at him?"
"Yes, that one! She's too crazy to treat him like that..." said the other one.
"That girl is going to find out!"

My life was a disaster, I hope everything will get better...