Chapter 36

August 1st...
Tifanny's birthday. He always celebrated at his house and invited the whole school. Last year, some classmates drank too much and ended up in jail with the police. I was offered a drink by one of them, but luckily I was able to say no to him. I hope this year will be different.

Besides the party, we had a very important Language exam. With the terrible problem with my family I had not had time to study and little by little my head was hurting from the stress. I took a Paracetamol and left for class. We separated the tables and soon my favorite teacher, Fenny, came in. She gave us an hour to complete the text. I don't know what happened to me, but by the time I had time to put my name, all the students were finishing it and handing it in. So, I had to fill it in randomly and I didn't get a very good grade. I failed the exam and tears ran down my face. Later, one person gave me a hug, Mark. Yes, that guy I liked.

"Are you all right?" he asked worriedly.
"Yes, thank you very much Mark."
"You're welcome. "And he kissed me on the cheek.
I couldn't hold it any longer, I took his head very carefully with my hands and kissed him. We spent a long time savoring our lips. It was a kiss with a lot of passion and joy. I couldn't believe how much he meant to me. Every time he caressed me my heart was beating faster.

"Betty, I'm so glad we finally got to this point. I can't tell you how happy I am about all this. "
"I'm very excited too," I said, smiling.
"Well, let's go to Tifanny's birthday."Mark said to me.
"Sure."

At the party...
-Welcome to the party! We'll have a great time at the pool.... Come this way," said the birthday girl.

Before getting in the water I went to the bathroom. There were a lot of people waiting and then I was told to go upstairs. I opened the door to the bathroom and suddenly... I heard a loud noise and I went towards the sound. It was my parents! They were tied up in a chair....

What were they doing there, who locked them in and why?