Chapter 29

We stopped playing and all our classmates came to cheer Anna on. Teacher Fenny punished me without being able to play and I became sad. Because of Anna, people gave me dirty looks and I felt lonely, until Mark appeared next to me.

"Betty, do you want to go for a walk with me? "he asked happily.
"I'd love to, but I'm grounded."
"I know, if we walk carefully and quickly, they won't know we're gone. "
"You're right, Mark. Let's go. "I said, smiling.

We walked towards the forest and suddenly we heard a noise. It was the monkeys, they were throwing the banana skins at us. One of them had a piece of paper around his neck. I got curious and wanted to take the paper from him.
I couldn't because he was up in a tree.

Mark helped me by climbing on his back and we managed to grab the monkey and snatch the paper.

Then, Mark stumbled and I started to lose my balance. Before I fell to the ground, Mark was able to catch me in mid-air and we were holding each other tightly and looking into each other's eyes.
I wanted him to kiss me, as our lips were so close together. When I closed my eyes to kiss him, Mark said to me:
"What does it say on the paper?" he asked curiously interrupting our moment.

As much as I wanted to kiss him, he was interested in the message. These guys...