Chapter 32

My life was turning into a nightmare: first, my parents had disappeared, imagine how worried I was. Second, my high school friends were giving me dirty looks. And lastly, it seemed that Mark didn't want anything to do with me... I hope that soon everything will go back to the way it used to be.
Well, I'd better go on telling what happened.
They took Anna into a room and asked her questions.

"Anna, who were you with at the camp? "asked the inspector.
"I was with Lar, Mark, and Betty...."
"And did you see anyone at the site where Betty last saw her parents?"
"Yes... "
"Who? "he asked curiously.
"As you said, I saw him enter Betty's fantasy world. "Anna lied.
"Tell us more. "said the policewoman while she wrote down on the paper everything the girl told her.
"Look, I don't know what she did afterwards, but I assure you that she did not do anything good."
"I believe you."

Anna overpowered the chief inspector and for that reason, he did not investigate any further and ordered everyone not to pursue the case.

In the evening...
"Betty, don't worry, we will find them together."Mark encouraged me and gave me a hug.
"That's right, I'm sure they will be with us in a week..." Anna said trying to "comfort" me.

I don't understand him, now he was trying to help me when before he wanted to annoy me? Let's see what happens with her...

On the other hand, Mark was cheering me up... Could it be that he is falling in love with me?