Rivalry

"Hey Dragneel, why the straight face?"

Nashi was quickly snapped out from her trance and stopped her tracks. Taking a deep breath, she turned around with her books clutched to her chest.

The scene was now faced to the well-known heartthrob of Fairy Academy, Luke Fernandes. Her eyes were flared at his, but his were fixed completely on her with a smirk on his face.

"Well, why is it your concern, Fernandes. I thought you had no interest in women." Nashi said maturely, making Luke chuckle slightly.

Well, it's going well so far, she thought. Luke opened his eyes and slung his bag over his shoulder,"Why? Is it wrong for me to be curious?"

Nashi's eyes widened, but then later turned into an annoyed look. Instead of looking annoyed, she decided to kill time by opening her locker and put her things inside,"It's not wrong, it's rare." She corrected him.

Astonished by her choice of words, he quickly understood the state she was in. Her eyes seem uneasy, her breath hitches every time I talk back, and she seems not to face him.

Luke quickly bowed,"Well, good afternoon, Miss Dragneel" and left her standing on the foot of her locker. Luke, walking from the distance, plastered a small frown.

"I guess I'll tell her some other time." He mumbled under his breath.

Nashi on the other hand had a hand placed on her chest. She was devastated on how her pulse raced in such a haze, she hated it.

"Maybe I just ate a lot of chocolate this morning?" She reassured herself. But she knew that wasn't the answer to her question.

Like what her mother Lucy had told her, know what's right and know what's wrong, she already knew the key.

Nashi's chocolate orbs softened as her gaze averted to the blondie who was now in a far distance. She leaned against the lockers with a smile on her lips,"Baka, why are you the reason for making my heart race?"

***

"Tadaima (I'm back.)" Julio and Luke resounded the vast house. Stepping inside the house, a certain red-haired woman poked her head out of the living room, cautious of who it was. Thankfully it was just her children.

"Ah, it's just you two." Erza's voice boomed from the room. She went outside, clad on her Japanese clothing. She got a wiper and damped it on her sweat.

She planted a kiss on each of their heads and both lifted their chins,"Tell me about your day."

As they proceeded to the couches, Erza crossed her legs and placed a supportive palm on her chin. Julio and Luke sat down with bovine faces which left Erza a little confused,"Why the faces? Did something happen earlier?"

"Nothing, mother. This week's been hectic again. As always." Julio sighed in annoyance. Erza nodded in understatement and faced Luke,"And you Luke?"

Luke didn't reply fast, his eyes were glued to the floor and he was fiddling with his fingers. But knowing that her mother might disapprove of what he was going to say, he changed his mood to a smile,"Oh, the usual. Always getting crowded by those girls."

"Sheesh, sometimes I wonder why you're not bothered about this." Julio rubbed his chin while smirking at his younger brother. "So mean!" Luke pouted playfully. This lead them to a hearty laugh coming from each of the brothers.

Erza only smiled at the scene, but her mind was clouded by many thoughts. Thoughts that were focused only on Luke,"I know that's not what you're feeling, Luke. I could see it."

"He's in love."

"Luke, I don't think that's the only thing you're thinking about right now." Erza said seriously, making the brothers to pause.

His eyes widened and faced his mother. How did she know? Luke thought. His eyes were downcast,"So you knew..." Luke faced Erza with a fave she's never seen before. Erza's eyes widened at the sudden change.

Could this be?

"Mom, I think I like-- no, I think I love someone. But I think she won't love me back, in think we're not fit for lovers. I think we're best fit for rivals.

Both Erza's and Julio's eyes widen at his thought and action. But Erza smiled as her eyes were at a fiery gleam. She went a bit closer to Luke, and stretched out a smirk,"If you think you love her, but she thinks of you as a rival, become rivals. Maybe that way, you'll be able to open her feelings to you."

Luke smiled at his mother. Now, both had determined faces pulled up on their sleeves, leaving Julio to sweat-drop,"They can be the most competitive at times like this"

"Don't give up, Luke. You still have a chance."

"I understand completely, mom. I'll do it!"