SEVEN: rainbow sakura

— natsu dragneel 
MAGE ; DRAGON SLAYER — 17 years old 

          IT'S THE SPECIAL OCCASION NOW. School has been cut short today, as it's been deemed a holiday. The Rainbow Sakura was a yearly event that every living man and woman in Fiore would all gather to celebrate, as the sight of the cherry blossom trees would ignite into these beautiful, rainbow-like colors. It would light up at night, illuminating the parks and bringing the brightness Fiore needed each year. As much as it was a magical year for me each year, it was the fact that Lucy wasn't here that drilled a hole into my heart. I felt empty, for some reason. 

"Natsu, what's up with you?" Happy asked, worry laced in his tone.

"Happy, I'm sad that Lucy's not here. She's missing all the fun." I crossed my arms, and furrowed my brows in an irritable mood. My mind spun in circles, in questions. How was I able to feel this way about a blonde whom I've only met for nearly a week? Such matters shouldn't piss me off, especially if the reason for her absence is sickness. I could've given my greetings of sympathy, and perhaps given her a small trinket from today's events to help her smile more. Why was I so bothered about the fact that her presence wasn't here with me today?  

"But you've got Lisanna," Happy interjected my thoughts. A click sounded on the gears of my head, as I whipped my head toward his confused face. "She's right there. Why don't you go to her? She should use a little time with you, am I correct?"

He wasn't wrong. Lisanna's my girlfriend, for crying out loud, of course! Who am I to forget that I've been falling in love with the same white-haired girl for almost three years of my entire high school life in this academy, adding seven more years of my friendship. She treated me better, and she wasn't a girl who I've met for a only a week and flashed grins like a newbie at. She was Lisanna Strauss, and she was a girl who I've met since my childhood years, and who I've fallen in love with since the start of 7th grade. 

However, I didn't like what Happy said. Perhaps, my heart suddenly felt that it wasn't fun without Lucy around. Lucy has become a main component in my life, even if I just met her for a few weeks. I might know just a few things that she likes, compared to knowing a thousand and one things about Lisanna, but maybe she was the only one to make me feel better in this damn school year. I'm unsure on why I feel like this, but it's what both my mind and my heart agreed on.  

"I don't think so Happy." I averted my gaze toward the said girl, who was busy winning prizes from each stall, a happy grin etched on her face as she played so. My chest ached for an apparent reason, as if something was suddenly off about the way I started to look at Lisanna. I didn't mind the feeling, and swatted it away like it was a mere fly, like it wasn't important to me now. 

Happy shrugged at my mood, and rose from the grass. "Well then, if you say so. Care to play bingo?"

"Nope. I'll just stay here."

I couldn't believe I just sat here for the past 2 hours without getting food, nor having fun. I saw my classmates. They we're having so much fun, laughter and smiles, but I didn't feel a bit of their emotions from the grass I sat on. When Lisanna came, the strings of giggles still sounding from her precious mouth, she sought my foul presence from the ground. Her giggles faltered, and was replaced with a small frown. It ticked me off that Lisanna could already see every inch and second of me, and that also meant reading my very mood. It ticked me off, but it didn't use to be like that before. 

"Natsu, why are you there?"

"It's just..." I pressed, the irritation building up. It ticked me off that she was sympathetic, even when I was supposed to return the sympathy. It ticked me off that she had that frown on, the same frown the rest gave me when I was supposed to smile back at them like it was nothing. It ticked me off that I was starting to like Lucy Heartfilia, and Lisanna Strauss was becoming a second option. "Nothing."

I stood up and walked to another place. Oh, how I missed Lucy Heartifilia.

Strange....Natsu's been avoiding me. Well, I have to find out what's going on inside his brain. He left me with tears in his eyes. Is there something wrong with me? Am I doing something bad? Am I a bad girlfriend? What happened, Natsu?! 

this was heavily revised, so i forgive any unforgettable lines that i might've erased. 
  — nia 

typical attempts [ON MAJOR REVISION]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara