First Day - 1

*Raven*

I gathered my dirty blonde hair up in a high-ponytail as I took a look at myself in the mirror. Shorter hairs fell down, framing my face. I mentally cringed at myself as I looked at my reflection. My green eyes were still puffy from waking up ten minutes before, lips swollen from trying to bite down and remain quiet.

The regret was heavy. God I was pathetic, spending the latest hours of the night to cry my useless heart out over my cheating excuse boyfriend, considering it only left me with four hours of restless, near fatal sleep.

I trialed my hands over the plaid skirt of my uniform, smoothing out the creases, dragging them across the pleats of the green skirt that dropped to my knees. Jesus, I hated private schools at times. Grabbing the waistband of the skirt, I rolled it up till the hem sat just below mid-thigh.

Better.

I grabbed the green and silver tie dangling from the mirror and wrapped it around my white collar, tying it up with little difficulty, mere muscle memory from too many years wearing one.

My phone began buzzing. I picked it up and saw Olivia Gray (sexiest chick) sprawled across my screen. I grinned as I picked up.

"Girl, I'm here, get your rich ass out of your mansion." Liv yelled, hanging up before I had time to speak. My mouth was left open, a snort coming from my mouth at my best friends hasty call. I could easily drive on my own, but driving with Lib was too much fun of a trip to pass up considering she was the most unpredictable driver you could find.

I shut my mouth and grabbed a knife belt from the floor and clipped it around my thigh, sliding a knife into it's sheath. The skirt easily covering the weapon I would most likely get arrested for if the school knew I carried it around.

But, considering my dads connections, I never left the house unarmed.

I slung my school bag around my shoulder and sprinted down the longs halls and spiral stairs of my family's house.

"Bye, Mum." I shouted as I walked hastily past the dining room where she was eating breakfast, not hearing her reply.

Liv's car was parked on the side of the road in-front of the closed house gates. I passed through the walkway entry on the side, crossing the near empty streets and opened the passenger door.

I heard her scream out just as i sat down, making me jump out from the car in surprise, scared for what my ass could be sitting on. Turns out, she was just too excited to see me.

"RAVENNNN! You whore, i haven't seen you all summer." She said, lips pouted.

"You couldn't have missed me that much, we video-chatted everyday." I reminded her as I sat back down and closed the door.

Liv turned on the ignition and turned onto the road. A car wizzed past, horn honking, just before she could pull out. See what I was saying.

"But seeing you in person is so much different. Besides, we barely talked about you. I bet you spent the whole summer hooking up with heaps of hot guys to make Lachlan jealous." Liv giggled.

Ugh, Lachlan Black, my ex. He cheated on me at a house party just before school finished last year. We had dated for nearly two years, I was embarrassed to say it hit a particular spot in my chest whenever I thought about it.