Power - 49

*Raven's POV*

I couldn't believe it when I opened my eyes and found Hunter looking at me, his hands lying gently on my hair.

I had let myself believe that his love wasn't real, that he wasn't going to come for me.

It was stupid, I should have known. Everything he told me from that day in the empty meeting room to that day in the treehouse, it was all the truth. His childhood had been a lie, but his words to me was his own truth.

He helped me stand up, I walked over to Tyler's unconscious body on the ground on unsteady feet. I slowly smiled to myself at the idea forming in my head.

"Bring Tyler to the chains." I told Hunter, taking the keys from his hand.

Despite my hard, collected exterior, I felt so tired, so done inside.

Hunter hauled Tyler's body to the spot I had sat in for ten days straight. He grabbed the iron cuffs, locking his hands in.

I smiled at the view. I took Tyler's weapons off him, making sure he had nothing he could use to escape. As I pulled his pistol out, I shot him in the leg.

He woke up with a jolt at the sudden pain. I grinned at him, watching his pained face melt into realisation at his situation.

I shot his other leg, hoping that if he somehow escaped from the chains. he wouldn't be able to walk away.

"I hope you rot in hell." I spat, giving him a wicked smile.

"I'll see you down there with me." He said.

"I'll be ruling you in hell when I arrive." I winked at him before punching him in the face, standing up and walking out of the room that made me question my sanity.

I didn't look back.

-

It was hard to come back to the estate. I didn't know who was loyal or if they would even accept me back inside.

As we drove up to the gate, I found it had already been replaced, a guard standing watch. He grinned at me as I pressed my fingerprint to the pad.

We got out from the car, Elijah came rushing down the stairs towards us, hugging me tightly. I winched as he squeezed a burn.

"I'm so fucking glad you are alive, we really need someone with a brain in there." He said pointing towards the house.

As I walked inside, men looked towards me, some smiled and cheered, others just stared.

"I forced John to tell the underboss what had happened. He took it from there, telling everyone the truth." Elijah informed us.

"Elijah, your father." I said, remembering what Tyler had put on him.

"My father is dead to me." He said softly.

I felt we all had lost our father's recently, Elijah's turned out to be on the wrong side, Hunter's was a fraud and my own, well he wasn't even my father.