Happy Birthday Liv! - 17

As I walked down the stairs, I kept my eyes on Hunters for as long as possible.

The crowd was cheering around us as I reached the ground level. Liv strutted down the stairs into the mob of people. I looked up where Hunter was standing, but he was already gone.

I followed Liv through to the back room, letting the guests follow us outside. Music was playing, people were dancing and drinking. It was perfect, I looked over at Liv and saw a huge smile plastered over her face, it made my own smile grow.

The music thumped in my ears, the lights casting a blue and red and green glow on the people below.

I found a group of friends from my english class and started talking to them, but I kept on eye on everyone else at all times, making sure no one went where they shouldn't.

I heard screams from within the throng of people in the middle of the room, I looked over and found Ethan being chucked in the air. I chuckled softly to myself and went to the food and beverage table to poor myself a drink.

I pointlessly looked through the crowd of people, hoping to see one specific person again. It was stupid really, I knew he would just piss me off the next time he opened his mouth.

But that's when I spotted him, he was lurking in a corner again staring at someone in the crowd, i couldn't see who from my perspective. My heart flipped when I realised it was probably a girl, he played with me and now he would find a new toy.

I wanted to hit myself over the head. I couldn't possibly be jealous that the guy that constantly bullied and humiliated me and used me like a toy was chasing after some other girl.

I downed the drink in my hand and walked to the crowd of people dancing. I danced to the music with the people beside me. It was refreshing and freeing in a way to just move rather than worry.

Hands suddenly gripped my waist. I stupidly hoped it was Hunter, as I turned my heart dropped.

Lachlan was digging his fingers into my waist, trying to talk, but all that came out was a mumble of sounds. He was clearly high on something. One hand came up and gripped the back of my head, pulling me in for a kiss, I tried to pull away but he was too strong.

I stamped on his foot but he didn't register it. Lachlan crushed me against him, his hands roaming over my body. "Fuck me Raven, kiss me. I need you." I heard him groan as his hot breath whispered in my ear.

"Get the fuck off me or i'll shoot your dick off." I hissed.

"Go ahead, you don't have the guts, slut." He pressed his lips against my own, his tongue shoved its way into my mouth.

I reached behind me for the gun, I paused as I felt a steady hand grip my hand, not letting me pull out the pistol.

The next thing I knew, Lachlan was being pulled off me and thrown across the floor. I watched as Hunter punched him in the eye, kicking his stomach. I walked over and bent down towards Lachlan. His eye was half swollen already from where Hunter had punched him.

"Your life just got a whole lot shorter." I hissed. I grabbed his wrist and lead his hand to the pistol under my jacket. His eye widened as he realised I had a gun on me.