Daddy Issues 2.0 - 20

*Hunter's POV*

I spent the next four days drowning myself in, work and training. Alcohol became water, showers became torture.

I didn't go to school anymore, Tyler had most likely ditched as well. It was not like I needed to. I had a personal education right here and learnt everything I needed to know to run a mafia.

I attended meetings every day, hungover from the day before, planning and plotting against the Martinez's, we made no progress. When i wasn't in those meetings I was down in the gym, breaking multiple punching bags in one session.

The bar was the next place i visited everyday, downing whiskey like it was water. I then left the bar, heading up to my room, and opened a new bottle of whiskey.

I sat on the shower floor as scolding hot water burnt through my back. I couldn't even sleep on my back anymore. I was drowning myself, I didn't particularly care.

One night my uncle had another girl sent up to my room, he saw the mood I was in and thought she could help. It only reminded me of how Raven felt, making me more pissed off. The girl didn't do anything to me, nothing, it was like Raven was the only person that could turn me on.

I was in the gym when a messenger came in, delivering the news i've been dreading all week.

My father was back.

I pulled my shirt on, wincing as it dragged down my back. I followed the messenger through the house, until i was left standing in-front of my fathers office doors.

I knocked once.

"Come in." A gruff voice sounded from within. A voice a pathetic side of me feared since I was eight years old, when I learnt what it meant to half such high expectations placed on your shoulders.

The large doors opened, revealing a large rectangular room. The far wall was made completely of glass, looking out to the garden below. A mezzanine floated above my head, housing my fathers personal library. There were two couches in the middle, facing each other, a coffee table in between. A large oak desk sat in the middle of the room, in front of the windows.

I looked at the man sitting in the chair, my father. I blew out a deep breath, closing the doors behind me.

"Good afternoon father, how was your trip." I asked.

My father scoffed from the chair. "Skip the formalities Hunter, take a seat." He gestured to the chair in front of him.

I put on a face of confidence, though i was shaking inside as i sat in the small chair in front of my fathers desk.

"You have disappointed me again Hunter." He sighed, I watched as he poured a glass of whiskey from the jar on the desk. He took a swig before continuing.

"Tyler was at that party, in the same fucking house as all the documents regarding The Shadowed. You should have been more careful, we don't know what he took. Garrett Rodriguez has been informed and is taking extra precautions around his home and the club."

"You have to understand, there were about fifteen guards on watch outside, ten inside. He managed to dispose of them, there was nothing i could have done. I was following Tyler around all night, trying to work out his play." I objected.