Oops - 4

I stared at Lachlan as he stood on the porch of my house.

"You might want to close your mouth, flies might fly in." He said with a small smile.

I closed my mouth as he suggested. No need to look like a gaping fish.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, not attempting to keep the hostility from my voice. 

"I want a chance to apologise properly, and not quickly. I want to explain myself." Lachlan said, his owns full of genuine pain and hurt.

I don't know if i was feeling nice, or if i genuinely wanted to hear him out. But I opened the door wider and let him in. Because damn me, his pained smile hurt me just as much.

Lachlan look surprised as I did at the gesture. That didn't stop him from stepping inside of the house.

"Thank you, Raven." Lachlan said.

"Just come to my room, I wouldn't want to see my dad if I were you." I said, hurrying up the stairs.

Once my father found out about want Lachlan did, he was pissed off, raging and threatening to kill the boy several times, I had to admit, at times, I didn't try and stop him.

As messed up as it was, I was always comforted by knowing my father had my back.

Lachlan reached my bedroom room door and opened it for me. I walked in without a glance back at him.

I sat down on my bed, waiting for Lachlan's grovelling speech and excuses. A cheater always had excuses.

"Raven, i am so, so sorry for what i did at that party, it was disgusting and i regretted it the moment I realised what i was doing." He breathed in deeply.

"That didn't stop you from doing it." I said softly. The memories of walking into that bathroom were painful to think about. He grabbed hold of my chin softly.

Then he continued. "I was drunk, and I was angry at you. Remember that argument we had, we had never been so angry at each other. Also, ever since that night i have been sober."

I was shocked, Lachlan giving up alcohol was like a child giving up candy. He was never an alcoholic, but I knew he enjoyed a drink or two at parties.

"When I saw the genuine pain in your face. I didn't even think you cared that much" He trailed off, I looked into his eyes, they were filled with regret.

"I love you Raven." He said finally.

I almost fell off my bed, even with two years of dating, he never said those words to me.

He stepped closer to me.

"I- I don't know what to say Lachlan." I started.

"You don't need to say anything." Suddenly, Lachlan was kneeling in front of me.

"Lachlan, the things you did, they hurt me." I couldn't help the tears that pricked my eyes.

Lachlan cupped his hand on my cheek bringing my face towards his own.

"I know, and it hurts me just as much seeing you in pain." He pressed his lips against my own.

I, being the idiot i am, kissed him back. How could I just let a two year relationship fall down the drain, Lachlan wanted to make it work, so I would try as well.

I could feel him smiling as we kissed, I opened for him, letting his tongue slip into my mouth.

I fisted my hands in Lachlan's hair as he pushed my back against my bed, climbing on top of me. 

I wrapped my legs around his waist, flipping him over in a smooth movement.

The minutes later, we were breaking apart, panting from the feeling of each other's lips.

"I have to go now. Work." He told me, smiling.

"Yea, of course." I say hesitation thick in my voice. The door opened and he left.

I hugged my knees tightly, unsure of what to feel, of what to make from this.