Complications - 3

The second Liv dropped me home, I was ready to find out everything I could about this Hunter kid, my father would know what to do.

I insisted that Liv came inside and help, but she noticed my brother's car surprisingly parked out front. Much to my dismay, she had the biggest crush on him less than a year ago and when she get rejected by him, she had never learnt to deal with the embarrassment.

Sighing, I walked from the car and up the stairs to my house, our maid was immediately at the door, asking for my jacket and bag.

"No, it's ok, I'll keep them." I said politely.

My footsteps echoed against the marble floor of the foyer to the large house that had too many rooms for the few people that lived within.

Halfway up the spiral stairs, I came across my older brother who had been gone for far too long.

"Jacob! You're back, you were meant to be gone for two more weeks." I exclaimed as I hugged him.

My brother left to do business on the other side of the country, since he turned twenty-two my father had placed large expectations on him.

He hugged me back tightly, laughing softly, "I missed you too Raven." I pulled away and got a good look at him. He looked so much like me, the same dirty blonde hair and light blue eyes.

I raised a brow at him. 

"I ran into some... complications while I was away, Dad asked me to come back straight away." His eyes darkened as if remembering what happened on the trip.

"Tell me about it later?" I asked. Jacob look uncertain.

"I have to go to my room. Homework." I hastily said, disregarding my own question.

I continued up to my room, walking through the empty hallways.

When reached my door, I walked into my room and shut the door softly. The second I heard the click, I let out a loud groan, what a shitty day today was.

I dropped my bag and fell backwards onto my bed, staring at my ceiling.

I put my hands in the pocket of the jacket I was still wearing and noticed there was stuff in there. I sat up and pulled them out, not sure what to expect from the jacket of Hunter Andof.

His tie fell out as well as a strong whiff of his cologne, which smelled somewhat like the forest in winter. Then there was his school ID, I looked at the picture. I had to give him credit, he was a dick, but a very attractive one.

When I looked at the name, I frowned. 'Hunter Smith', it said, i wonder why he doesn't want the school knowing his real name.

I heard a soft knock on my door and the same maid from before entered.

"Miss Rodriguez, your father is asking for you in his study." She informed me before leaving again in a hurry.

I stood and quickly changed into black tights and a cropped t-shirt. I put everything back into Hunter's jacket pockets and hung the jacket in my closet.

turning on my heel, I walked and out of my bedroom, and navigated my way to my fathers study in the depth of the house.

Something I always hated about the size of this place was how far away everything was. I felt like I got my steps for the day just from going from my room to the kitchen on most days.

My hand collided with the large study door as I knocked twice.

"Come in." A rough voice called from within.

My father - Garrett Rodriguez- sat on a desk chair in the back of the room, shuffling papers on the oak desk in front of him.

There were bookshelves lining the back wall, one wall covered in window, looking out to the yard beyond.

My father gestured to the chair in front of him, ordering me to sit down without words.

I sat down as he asked and waited for him to speak, like always, don't speak until your spoken to inside his study.

"I want you to meet our partners in six weeks." He said. "October fourteenth."

I blinked in surprise.

"That's so soon, I thought you wanted to wait until I was eighteen?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, that was the original plan. However, there has been... complications with your brother and I feel it would be in the families best interest if you were to take over the business here. Jacob will move to the other side of the country for business." He said while searching through more documents.

"Why is that? What are the complications?" I asked.

"So many questions Raven." My father said lightly, though I knew he didn't like it. "It would be easier if your brother has as little communications with our partners from now on." He sighed. "You see, he killed their youngest son." My fathers voice grew heavy.

I sat there, mouth wide open. I didn't know their younger son, nor who their oldest even was, but for my brother to do such a thing.

"I have done everything in my power to not John send men after Jacob, and to keep our business running. Luckily, I have been friends with John and his wife since we were children, so I have convinced him to agree to keep peace with us, as long as he never, ever, hears from Jacob again." He closed his eyes, clearly this news was heavy on him.

John Zandoff was the Mafia leader, it was a very large miracle that Jacob was still alive.

"So, I need to step up to become the next club's owner than?" My father nodded his head. I couldn't believe it, I was always jealous that Jacob would take over the club when my father grew too old. But for this to be the way I finally step up, I felt terrible.

I stood up, planning on going to have a talk with my brother for his idiocy, to know how such a thing even happened. 

"Raven, don't mention this conversation with Jacob, I haven't mentioned the agreement to him yet, I would like to do it myself." My father was looking out the window now, looking towards Jacob swimming in the pool outside.

"Of course dad." I turned around and left his office.

I walked down the hall towards the main entrance. As I reached it and started walking up the stairs, someone knocked on the door. I grumbled and headed back down.

I opened the door and came face to face with Lachlan.