No More Daddy Issues? - 28

*Ravens POV*
- 1 hour earlier -

I had spent some time in the gym with Elijah before walkup to the main hall, about to walk up the stairs when I heard and saw Hunter speeding off on his motorbike.

I felt the shame soak in all over again, I had driven him off, and I have no idea where he is going. I should talk to him tonight, but with him gone I would have to talk to him tomorrow in the gym, if he still wanted to train me.

I turned to walk back up the stairs when I saw John walking through the hall towards his office. In that instant, every bad word Hunter had said about his father appeared in my mind. Anger scorched through me. I didn't give a damn who John was.

I knew I was in no place to do this, but I walked after John, calling out his name. He turned around and smiled when he saw me.

"Hello Raven, how can I help you?" He asked. I hurried to him and walked with him to his office.

"Actually, I want to talk to you about Hunter." I said, tucking my hands behind my back praying he didn't see them shaking.

John opened his office door, letting me walk in first. He followed in after me and gestured towards one of the couches. I sat down slowly, leaning back a bit to show I wasn't tense or un-relaxed, even though I was completely both. John sat down on the couch opposite me, his ankle crossed onto his knee.

"What about Hunter?" John asked, still playing the part of a casual office man even though he was bred for killing anyone in two breaths.

"When Hunter and I were locked into that room, he admitted some stuff to me, mainly about how you have never been there for him or truly cared for him." I knew I was way out of line.

John, sat up a bit at my accusation. "Raven, I hope you understand that your father and I may have different views on how we raise our children. Your father never was in the mafia for the crime and ruthlessness, he has taught you the business side of the mafia." John said tightly.

"I understand that you may have wanted to raise Hunter into a tough, heartless mafia leader, however I feel like abusing him at the smallest mistakes and lashing out on him for his sexual desires is ridiculous." I said between gritted teeth, trying not to yell.

"I think it is time for you to leave, you have no business telling me how to raise my children in a lifestyle you know nothing about." John said tensely, walking towards the door and opening it wide.

I walked directly up to him, he towered over me, but in this moment, I felt the same height. "If you looked at your son for who he is, rather than just the mafia heir, you would see that he is perfect for the job, you would notice how hard he has tried his whole life to please you." I said, my voice dangerously low.

John's eyes flickered with something unrecognisable, if only for a second.

"Raven, I have come to like you. I can see you are determined to work for what you want, and you have shown yourself to be a valuable asset. If it wasn't for that, you wouldn't be here anymore. Goodnight." He slammed the door on my face.

I honestly was expecting to be dragged out of his office in a body bag, so I would say that went pretty well.

*Hunter's POV*
- present -

My father held out a hand, leaning down towards the pit. I gripped my bloodied hand on his wrist tightly, helping to haul me up single handedly.

"I must admit, that was impressive." My father said as I stood up.

I couldn't help but feel pride swell in my chest, I shook it down, remembering my father doesn't do anything nice unless it benefits him.

"Why have you come here?" I asked flatly.

My father sighed. "Let's leave this dirty room first." He put his hand on my back and directed me out of the crowd. Together, we walked up the rickety stairs and into the fresh air of the dark night.

"I was visited tonight by a very determined young woman." My heart paused.

"Raven." I whispered, more so to myself.

"Indeed, it seemed she saw fit to tutor me on how I raised you, and as much as I wouldn't want the world to know I was proven right by a seventeen year old girl. I was in some ways." My father admitted.

"What did she say exactly?" I asked slowly.

"She told me that I had no right to raise you in the way i did, of course she dosen't completely understand our world. But, son, I hope you understand that I raised you to be strong, to be able to fight against anything." I turned away from him at his words, It never felt like that was the case when he was kicking me or telling me i wasn't not good enough.

"She also told me that you have grown up trying to please me, and saw fit to inform me that i grew up seeing you as the mafia heir rather than my son, and she was right." He paused.

"The mafia is a group of cold blooded murders in the easiest way to put it. I wanted to make sure our mafia would be in capable hands, when you started acting out, i turned to Leo. I should never of turned my back on you." My father said quietly.

"I have spent my whole life trying to make you see me as a person, not some prize breeding mare." I rasped. "But you never fucking looked at me, there is no reason to start now." I walked away from him.

"I want you to lead the current mission, be the head, make all the final decisions." My father said, making sure not to use any key words for confidentiality in the middle of a dark alley.

I turned back towards him. "Are you sure that's what you want, a month ago you were reminding me how useless i was."

"That was before a rather influential person told me otherwise, she has been raised by her father in a completely opposite way, yet she holds all the right characteristics as one of our own." I tried to contain my smile as i realised I completely agreed with him.

"I'm sending you on a mission, you will be gone for a few days. There is a folder in the limousine informing you of what needs to be done. Complete this task successfully and with no distractions and I will understand that Raven was right about you." My father said, walking to my motorbike.

"And, Hunter, don't think for one fucking second i'm going soft. And make sure to tell Raven to never talk to me in that way again." He threw me a half smile i'd rarely seen, before driving off on the motorbike.

I walked up the alley and found our limousine waiting. I climbed in and saw a bag of clothes and weapons on the floor, a file on the chair next to me.

I opened the folder, reading through the mission description, I nearly shot myself when I saw what i had to do.

I had to infiltrate a brothel.