Again? - 10

It's been two weeks since the house party. Two weeks of pained looks from Lachlan, who has been nothing but perfect to me, has now grown more absent. Two weeks of smug looks from Hunter as if he knew just how much he was in my head.

My father had been preparing me for the meeting with the Mafia leader, making sure I understood the business and it's terms. He has even been teaching me more about self-defence, though its the offender i want to learn to be.

Lessons generally consisted of: aiming a gun at targets. I was naturally good at it, of course. My father practiced at being an attacker, teaching me defensive manoeuvres.

My favourite lesson out of them all was the stealth lessons. He taught me how to sneak around the house, remaining unnoticed. One time he instructed me to spy on my brother, resulting in me watching him have make out with a random chick, not being able to leave my hiding spot. I think I puked a good amount of times after that.

I felt stronger from these past two weeks than i had in a while. I wasn't so scared to meet the mafia, maybe it was bravery, though it probably made me stupid.

Hunter has been his usual charming self, though he seemed to have calmed down, at times it felt as if he was flirting with me rather than bullying me; while Lachlan had resorted to making empty threats at Hunter every time they passed each other in the halls.

Today, Friday, there was another party. Lachlan told me to come, and even asked if i wanted to bring Liv and Ethan. I asked them, of course, but conveniently, they were both 'busy'.

I was hesitant to go to another party, considering how the last one went, but Lachlan reassured me that Hunter wasn't going to be present. I trusted him.

We arrived together. He once again stuck by my side.

I got a drink and we sat down straight away. A group of Lachlan's football friends sat with us. They were nice, if you can call relentlessly flirting with me and telling Lachlan that he won at life since i was his girlfriend, nice.

Lachlan brushed the comments off, not looking at me in the eye the whole time.

Another girl sat with us, Lucy, her name was. She was actually nice, talking to me about school work, we had little in common other than the subjects we took.

Lachlan leaned into me and whispered in my ear over the music. "I'm going to the bathroom quickly."

"Alright." I replied.

I watched as he weaved his way through the crowd towards the hall. He stopped as he saw Hunter leaning against the doorway before him. Lachlan gave him one of the most disgusted looks i'd ever seen.

Hunter only smirked at him, turning towards me and giving me a prefect smile as he winked. I rolled my eyes in return.

He stalked off, hopefully to a fucking grave.

After ten minutes, i realised Lachlan had been gone for a while. I got up to find him, excusing myself from the group.

I walked to the bathroom, knocking on the door, i only got a loud moan in return. I flipped them off through the door and walked to the kitchen.

I stopped as soon as i walked through the door.

Lachlan was standing, a girls legs wrapped around his waist as he sucked the face off a brunette girl. People around were cheering him on.

Pathetic, that's what I was for the way my heart dropped to my stomach. Naive as well for thinking it wouldn't happen a second time.

I wasn't going to let him see me upset, if this is the way he wants to play, then he can play. I stormed to the front door of the house, about to slam it open as Hunter walked in front of me.

"Rodriguez, what's wrong." He asked, no hint of compassion in his voice.

"As if you care." I spat.

"Wait, Raven, what is it." This time he actually sounded concerned.

"Oh please, you are always the one making me miserable, you'll probably be delighted at what i just saw." I retorted.

"Well, i'm the only one that's allowed to make you pissed off or upset." He claimed.

I snorted, earning a grin from him.

"Is there something i could do to help." He asked.

I remembered back to the look Lachlan gave Hunter just minutes ago. I smirked, realising I can play just as well as Lachlan can. "Yes, yes there is actually."

I grabbed his collar, pulling him towards the kitchen. "Oh shit." I heard Hunter curse from behind me as he saw Lachlan, still with the girl.

I swished my hips, a confidence I didn't have before, strong in my gait, as I walked over to my boyfriend - EX-boyfriend. I fisted my hand in his hair and yanked his head away from the girl, making him face me.

I watched as his face paled as he realised I had caught him. Good. I hope he all he feels his guilt. "I should have known better than to trust you." I spat in his face.

I let go of his hair and stalked towards Hunter, who looked as if he was grinning out of approval. It warmed my heart in some sick, twisted way.

I heard Lachlan crying my name, telling me to wait. I ignored him, i've heard enough of his bullshit apologies.

I wrapped my arms around Hunter's neck and pulled him in for a kiss. He was clearly shocked as he tried to pull back. But then he melted into it. I felt as he started kissing me more passionately.

He pushed his tongue into my mouth, dancing with my own. He grabbed my ass with one hand, the other bringing me closer around the waist.

I hoped Lachlan was still watching, he deserved this view.

There was so much fire, so much desire in this kiss, more than anything I had with Lachlan.

I pulled away, staring into Hunters deep blue eyes.

I looked away, turning towards Lachlan. He looked furious.

"Oh please, what did you expect when you shoved your tongue down another girls throat. You thought I would sit there and act like you were loyal." I spat.

Lachlan started to storm away, before turning around and coming straight back towards me.

"You will always be a little slut." He seethed. I would be lying if I said the words didn't hurt. I had never heard him say such things before. 

He stalked away, but not before I stuck my middle finger up at his back. Hunter chuckled from beside me. I whirled back towards him.

"Thank you for that little performance, but I need to go wash my mouth out." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Oh, I don't think so love, i felt the way you pulled yourself to me." He drawled.

"Get over yourself. You weee just around." I replied, stalking out of the house, calling for Liv to pick me up.

*Hunter's POV*

"Keep telling yourself that." I grinned as Raven walked from the house.

Fucking hell, that kiss ruined me. I didn't even see it coming.

After seeing her sit on Lachlan's lap two weeks ago, watching how she kissed him deeply, while staring directly at me. Something changed.

I couldn't get her out of my head, I still hated her guts, but there was too much sexual desire.

Raven was clearly so much more than i had given her credit for, i'll give her that.

I wouldn't mind feeling her lips against mine again, i wouldn't mind feeling more of her on my lips.

But, she was still a pain in my ass, still a Rodriguez. And that was something i could never let go, no matter how much my father tried to push me past it.