Inn - 40

I awoke the next morning with a steady presence behind me. I recalled falling asleep last night in Hunter's arms, I smiled softly to myself before sitting up.

"Not yet." Hunter mumbled.

"We need to be out of here at first light." I reminded him.

Hunter sat up beside me and winced. "Did you hit me in the fucking head, it feels like someone dropped a brick on it."

"That's what happens when you down a whole bottle of rum." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Elijah had half." He pouted.

I laughed and stood up.

"I'll drive today, I don't want to die because Hunter had a headache."

"That isn't the way you want to die?" Hunter asked, acting shocked.

"I would prefer to do it in some epic, badass way." I smirked. "Now get up, we need to pack our things and leave."

I turned and left the room to find Meg on the kitchen bench, coffee cup in hand. She raised a brow at me.

"It's not what you think." I said, raising my hands in defence. She smirked before taking a sip of her coffee.

By the time everyone was up and dressed the city had started to wake. The sounds of horns and cars fluttered through the open window.

The four of us went down the elevator and through the lobby, handing in our key card and found our car in the parking garage.

I slid into the drivers seat, Meg by my side, as Elijah and Hunter slipped into the back, grumbling about their headache. As I turned the car on I noticed we were nearly out of gas, I drove out of the garage and into the closest gas station. I instructed Hunter to fill the tank while I went inside to grab some food, I took Hunters bag, which had some clothes and his money.

As I walked around inside I heard gunshots firing. I whirled around and found Hunter in the store shouting at me. "The dealer and his men found us, they brought backup and they aren't fucking running away this time."

I swung his bag over my shoulder, running up to him and looking out the window. "I told Meg to leave, we will distract them, if we all get into the car they will only chase us the whole way." Hunter informed me.

"How the fuck are we suppose to distract them." I cried out as our car turned from the gas station and drove off, a few cars started chasing them.

"I've got a few ideas." He grinned, pulling my arm and taking us outside.

He ran towards a motorbike sitting unattended. Hunter swiftly hot-wired it and jumped on, pulling me up behind him.

The engine started and we were off. Hunter weaved in and out of the cars, speeding after the cars hot on Meg's tail.

"Can you shoot their tires from here." Hunter shouted.

"Hang on." I said.

I swung my leg over to the same side as the other. I held on tightly to Hunters shoulders as I pulled one of his arms off from the handle, allowing me swing my leg over to the other side and slide in front of him. He swerved slightly as he put his hand back on the handle.

I was sat facing backwards, Hunter's shoulders acting as a barricade in front of me, my legs wrapped tightly on top of his.

Hunter sped up and pushed in front of the cars trailing Meg. They started shooting at us. Hunter swerved in a zigzag formation, making us a harder target.

I pulled my pistol from my jacket and aimed over Hunters shoulder at the tire of the car closest behind us. I shot once, it hit the spot. The car swerved, trying to regain control, a second later it went crashing into a lamp post.