Three Legged Race - 6

I sat in my first physics class of the year, waiting for Mr Cian to start the lesson.

The other students filed in, i breathed a sigh of relief as i noticed that Hunter wasn't in this class. Though there was another new boy, he pulled out the chair next to me.

"Do you mind if i sit?" He asked. His uniform was worn in complete perfection, wearing the blazer even when it was still disgustingly hot outside. There wasn't a wrinkle in his shirt. His brown hair was neatly brushed back.

"I don't mind." I said, even though i preferred to sit alone.

Liv and Ethan were only in my english and P.E class, the rest, I was on my own, not that i minded.

"Thank you." He said as he took the seat, he stretched him arm out towards me. "I'm Tyler." I shook his hand. "I'm Raven." I said in return.

Tyler took his books from his bag and sat them in a neat line. I rolled my eyes, this was going to be great.

I rested my head on my hands, trying to ignore the constant sniffles from Tyler.

"I saw you talking to Hunter this morning." I jerked up in curiosity.

"Uh yea, he lent me his jacket and i was just returning a few things." I explained.

"What do you know about him?" Tyler asked.

"All i know is that he is a dickhead that seems to be set on making my life miserable the moment he walked in to school." I grumbled back.

Tyler laughed quietly.

Mr Cian finally arrived and started the lesson.

Every question the teacher asked, Tyler had his hand shooting straight up, always getting the answer right.

I tried my hardest to block out Tylers constant stories and questions to me, replying with one word answers.

As soon as I heard the bell go off, i ran out of the classroom, heading to my spot in the courtyard.

Lachlan was standing by the bench, and seemed to be getting interrogated by Ethan and Liv.

"What's going on?" I asked as i walked over to them.

"They think i'm just with you for money." Lachlan scowled. Ethan and Liv shrugged in return.

"Let's go for a walk Lachlan." I took his arm and walked off, leaving my friends looking furious.

We walked through the tunnel leading to the field, i stopped him in the middle.

"Look, just ignore Liv and Ethan, they are just protective of me, and after what you did.." I trailed off, not wanting to bring it back up.

"I apologised." He said defensively.

"I know, they just can't help themselves. Anyway, it's me that matters, i forgave you and that's enough, right?" He smiled softly at me as he kissed me on the lips. There was no heat in the kiss, just contact.

I felt myself get shoved to the side. I pulled away from Lachlan and saw Hunter walking off.

"I'll be back." I told my boyfriend before hurrying after Hunter.

"Is there a reason you have to be such a dick to me, what do you have against me." I yelled at Hunter, grabbing his arm and turning him to face me.

"I have a problem with you and your family. You all deserve to rot in hell." He said cooly.

I stepped closer to him, making sure he knew i wasn't scared of him. "What ever your problem is with my family, just fucking drop it, im sick of your bullshit." I shot back.