Heir of the Mafia - 50

It had been a month since I had left Tyler chained up in that building. We hadn't heard from him since, so he is either dead or he had run away. To be honest, I couldn't care what his end was in the slightest.

He had lied and betrayed to get to a place he didn't belong.

John Zandoff had been sent away. His wife stayed with us, insisting she had no clue just how dark John had gone. We'll see just how truthful she was later.

Hunter had seemed distant on the day we sent John on his way, and rightfully so. He may have ruined our lives, but a father is still a father. I felt terrible about how it had all gone down, it was partly my fault after all that John is gone.

I had officially signed the documents, stating that I was the leader of this mafia. It was strange, to walk around the estate and have everyone look at me with some form of respect. Although I was the offical leader, there were more qualified men behind the scenes ensuring the mob continued to run smoothly over the rough transition period.

My life had come so far from sitting in the courtyard next to the oak tree, trying to avoid my ex while I laugh about him to my friends.

My heart ached when I thought about how simple my life was. Liv was gone, taken from this world by a selfish asshole. I had tried contacting Ethan a while ago, but he never picked up. I regretted nothing more than losing that friendship with him. Maybe one day, i'll be able to explain it all, that I hadn't been able to be there for him because I was in my own trouble.

I sat at my desk chair, looking over a pile of a paperwork that only appeared to be a large variation of the diction and nothing more.

I tried to call Ethan again.

My heart was hammering as the phone rung, silently begging him to pick up.

"Hello?" A familiar voice said from the other line.

"Ethan, is that you." I asked, my words barely making it out of my throat.

"Raven?" He asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Why are you calling me, you ditched us months ago, Liv was murdered and you didn't even come to her funeral, you left school and I haven't heard from you. I don't want to hear from you." Ethan blurt out, not giving me time to explain.

I jolted in surprise at the hostility in his voice, he was clearly pissed off at my absence. and rightfully so.

Tears blurred my vision.

"Ethan, I wish I could tell you everything." I breathed.

"Then tell me." He demanded.

"I can't." I said, barely more than a whisper.

"Bye Raven." Ethan hung up.

I dropped the phone and put my hands on my head. I had lost everything from my life before, all I had now were memories of people who had forgotten me.

After an hour, I had officially gone through nothing. All I managed to do was count the scratch marks on the desk.

The door to the office opened up. I raised my head and found Hunter walking in. I smiled at him, at least I had Hunter.