Run - 35

*Hunters POV*

It was dark in my room as I lay awake. The shadow from the trees swaying in the wind were illuminated on my wall from the full roof.

But that wasn't what I was seeing. I couldn't get the picture out of my mind. Raven standing over a man who just as well had killed her mother, used her best friend. A blunt knife in her hand, a smile on her lips as she drove the blade through his finger.

I couldn't shake the look she gave as I mentioned her mother and Liv, a face of terrifying betrayal. I hadn't told her the truth. I was planning on doing it today, privately but it just all came out, I needed to tell my men in that moment. But I should have put Raven first.

I didn't recognise who she was as I looked into her eyes, just before she sliced a mans hand. I've tortured people before for information of course, it was part of being in the mafia. But it was more a slow cut across a cheek, a promise of death an inch away.

Raven hadn't been there for information, she had took a blade to Madoc for herself, her mother, her friend.

Madoc deserved it, but didn't we all. Every person i've killed has had a family, were they missed? was their son or daughter hunting for me right now.

I tossed and turned for another hour before I decided to check on Raven. I knew she didn't want to see me, but I needed to make sure she was ok. It was the least I could do.

I slipped out of bed, no caring that I was only wearing sweats pants. I knocked on Ravens door, no reply came. I turned the handle and slipped into the dark room.

My heart turned cold.

Raven was a heap on the floor, unmoving other then her steady chest, rising and falling with each deep breath. I ran towards her, shouting her name. She didn't stir.

I shook her, slapped her cheek. She opened her eyes slightly. "What?" She murmured before closing her eyes again. I took her in my arms, walking towards her bed, ready to settle her down when I noticed just how much blood covered her.

None of it was her own of course. I carried her to the bathroom, settling her unconscious body in the bathtub and turning on the water. I only filled the tub enough to clean her, not enough to let her drown.

I pulled her clothes off. I didn't care that she was completely displayed to me, it's not what I cared about in this moment. I pulled a cloth from beside me, dunking it in the warm water and gently wiping away the blood from her arms and face.

Once she was clean, I pulled her out of the bath and towards the bed, settling her down on the silk duvet.

I walked inside her closet and pulled a silk nightgown from the draw, walking back out and slipping it onto her warm body. I kissed her softly on the cheek before bringing the covers up over her chest.

I walked to the couch near the bookshelf, settling down, trying to make myself comfortable. I finally feel asleep.

-

The sun was bright in the early morning sky as it leaked into Ravens room. I winced as I sat up, my back stiff.

"What are you doing here." A quiet voice rasped, as if it had been screaming too much.