THREE

"Wow can you smell the hormonal boys that we just passed by." Carly said as her and Lily were walking to her locker.

Lily laughs. "Everyone wants to get with the popular Carly Tan. Well except for one person actually."

Carly scoffed. "Can we stop talking about that? I'll tell him when I'm ready."

She shuts her locker as they start walking down the hallway. "Oh ok Carls. And when will that be? I'm not getting any younger here."

"You're so dramatic. Have you ever heard of joining the drama club?"

"Are you kidding me? As if. Besides, we have softball to worry about and if we want UCLA to recruit us we have to be at our very best. Which means no distractions."

"Speaking of distractions." Carly said, seeing her cousin walk towards them. 

"Hey baby." Lily says, pulling Eddie into a kiss.

Carly had to refrain herself from throwing up. "Can you guys not? Unlike some people I would like to keep my breakfast inside, not on the ground."

"Well hello to you too couz." Eddie says as he hugs the girl. "Might I say that's not the attitude we Tans have. What would grandma say about this?"

Carly rolled her eyes for the billionth time today. "What would grandma say about you shoving your tongue down with my best friend's throat?"

"Yeah Eddie, what would your grandma say?" Paxton suddenly comes up to them, swinging his arm around Carly's shoulder.

To the outside world it would look like they're dating. Sadly they are just best friends. The word Carly hated. But she only had herself to blame. 

Both Lily and Eddie were staring at the girl, trying to see her reaction since they're the only ones who know about the girl's true feelings for the boy.

Eddie was about to say something before Lily cut him off. "Well, we're going to class. See you at lunch." She says as she drags Eddie away. Eddie mouths a 'I'll get you next time' as he turns around and puts his arm around Lily's shoulder.

Carly flipped her cousin off as she watched them disappear through the many people in the hallway. 

"So... you look really nice."

The girl turned her attention to the boy and acted like she was flattered by the boy. "Is THE Paxton HY flirting with me? Can you wait? I need someone to document this so I can show my kids."

He laughs. "You are so dramatic. You should consider joining the drama club."

"Hm. You know I said the exact same thing to Lily when she..."

He was able to say something until Trent and Marcus came. "Paxton. What's up man?" They do their bro handshake. "Little C nice to see you too."

"Trent and Marcus." Carly smiled. 

The four of them talked about random stuff until the bell rang. Trent and Marcus left, leaving the girl all alone with her crush... again. 

"What's your first class?" Carly asked.

"History. Can't believe I have to retake that class." Paxton says. "You?"

"AP English."

"Gosh why didn't I listen to you when we studied for that history final." Paxton said, his arm still around the girl's shoulder, causing a few people in the hallways to stare at them.

"Because you get distracted easily."

Paxton chuckled as the final bell rang. "Well I'm late, but I'll see you at lunch." He kisses her forehead and walks down the hallway.

Damn those forehead kisses. 

You can see why the girl likes the boy. Because he does things like that. And she didn't have the will to tell the boy to stop because she knew, deep down, she didn't want those forehead kisses to stop.