THIRTY-EIGHT

After the unsuccessful trip to Carly's house, Paxton decided to drive to Devi's house to give her back the dress she left in his car. Paxton hoped to tell Carly everything that happened these past few days.

It felt like forever since he's heard her voice.

Devi's house wasn't too far. He got out the car and walked up the steps to see Devi's mom and cousin and some Asian guy. Maybe that was Kamala's boyfriend?

"Is Devi home?" The boy asked.

Devi's mom was not too happy to see the boy. She goes inside the house, dragging her daughter outside.

Paxton awkwardly stood there when he saw Devi come out, surprised. "Paxton?"

"There are more boys coming and going in this house than the GameStop at the mall." Dr Vishwakumar said.

Paxton was confused. This was a completely different atmosphere than when he was talking to Carly's mom. "Look, I can go. It seems like a bad time. You just weren't responding to my texts."

"Don't go Paxton. You haven't returned Devi back her dress that she took off in your car."

"Okay. I did take off my dress and leave it in his car, but not in the way you think I did." Devi said to her mother.

"Don't even try. I cannot believe you because you keep lying to me."

"She's telling the truth Dr Vishwakumar. She fell in the pool at the party, so I gave her a change of clothes. Besides I have a girlfriend." Paxton said, trying to make the situation better but it wasn't. Devi couldn't help but feel hurt when she heard Paxton mentioned he had a girlfriend. If he had a girlfriend, why did he kiss her?

He was the one who leaned in first, not her. 

"A party?" Dr Vishwakumar gasped, not believing what she just heard. 

"Oh shit." Devi mummered. 

"Thank you so much Paxton for clearing that up. So not only did you disobey me by going to this party last night you were so sober, you fell into the pool, and then did God knows what with this boy in his car."

"All we did was kiss." Paxton said.

"You did what?" Dr Vishwakumar asked. "Oh Devi, this is just terrific. Great decision making. Why don't you just let the idiot knock you up? Maybe Princeton will allow you to raise a little baby in your dorm room."

Paxton tuned out the rest of the conversation with Devi and her mom. He hated being called dumb. He's heard a lot of times from other people but hearing it from the girl he might have feeling for's mother, stung him, a lot.

"I'm gonna go." He finally said, giving Devi her dress and turning around to leave. He didn't need to hear this anymore. Paxton drove off. He checked his phone to see if Carly texted him or anything but she didn't. Her location was off. He left her a bunch of messages and just wanted to know where she was. So he called her cousin.

He picked up on the last ring. "What do you want dude?"

"Hey Eddie, umm do you know where Carly?"

"As if you care."

Paxton was surprised at the attitude the boy was giving him. He thought they were best friends? "You know that's not true dude."

"Right. I'm sorry. Let me try to remember how these past few days you haven't talked to her. Or about the fact that you lied to her. Or better yet treated her like shit. Hmm." Eddie didn't need to think twice one who's side he was on. Maybe him and Paxton have been bros since they met at swim camp. But Carly is his cousin. Family over everything.

"Look. I just need to know where she is so I can talk to her."

"So now you want to talk to her. Where were you yesterday? Oh wait with another girl that wasn't your girlfriend."

"Eddie..."

"I told you before and I'll say it again. You hurt Carly, I come for you. I don't care if you're muscular than me and can easily knock me out, but you don't get to go off on a free pass for hurting Carly. It doesn't work like that. So fuck off dude."

"Eddie wait..."

His best friend hung up on him. Paxton sighed. Well that wasn't how he expected the call to be. Turns out dating your best friend's cousin wasn't a good idea.

✄-----------------------------

I'm an idiot. A very big idiot!! I had a job interview at 2PM today on zoom and it was going well, thought I was gonna get the job and everything and guess what!! I accidentally called the manager Jonathan. His name was Kevin. NOT Jonathan!! 

I've never been soo embarrassed in my entire life. I lowkey hope I don't get the job so I never have to see him ever again. 

So yeah how has everyone's Monday been so far?