SIX

"You're quieter than usual." Carly said to the boy as she munched on her fries. Her and Lily decided to sit with the Hot Pocket boys today. More like Lily wanted to because she claimed she missed Eddie.

Paxton shrugged. "Just thinking that's all."

Carly nodded. "You wanna talk about it?"

Paxton shook his head. "Nah. It's not important."

"You sure? If it makes you have those creases on your forehead I would say it's pretty important."

Paxton chuckled at the girl. "It's fine. What's going on with you? How's the team looking?"

Carly shrugged. "The freshmen seem promising. We're having one of our many scrimmages with the baseball team. EJ thinks the baseball team's gonna lose because they lost so many of their seniors last year. But we'll see."

Paxton furrowed his eyebrows. Why is she talking to EJ? "EJ? As in EJ Caswell?" Carly nodded. "Since when did you talk to EJ Caswell?"

Carly shrugged. "He's in my AP Chem class and also my partner. We talk to pass time in class since we're always finishing our assignments early." Carly said, not thinking it was a big deal, but to Paxton it was a huge deal.

"So you like the guy or something?"

Carly chuckled at Paxton's sudden jealously. "EJ and I are just friends, Pax. Don't worry you're still my #1."

Paxton rolled his eyes. He didn't know why he was feeling jealous of Carly talking to another guy. She talks to guys all the time. Like he's not jealous when she talks to Trent or Marcus. But EJ? Oh he was jealous. Not sure why because he's Paxton Hall Yoshida. He got pit hair in middle school.

Carly would always choose him over anyone. Right? 

✄-----------------------------

jealously jealously