SEVEN

"So you're saying I can't grow hair pit hair unless it's genetic?" Trent asked.

"No I technically didn't say that but..." Lily said.

"So what? Is my body just hairless for the rest of my life?" Trent went on not giving Lily a chance to explain. "So like when I'm 30, I won't get pit hair? Is that what you're saying? Why? Why would you crush my dreams like that Lily?" 

"I give up."

Carly chuckled. "I gave up a long time ago with him. Anything you say won't ever go through his tiny brain."

"Seriously. Sometimes I think him using his brain is quite difficult for him.' Eddie said causing both of the girls to laugh.

"I can hear you, you know." Trent said.

"Good." Eddie said.

"Oh you wanna go?" Trent said, standing up, puffing out his chest. 

"Let's go. I'm ready." Eddie said standing up to face Trent.

Before any of them could make a move, someone said, "Paxton, can I talk to you?"

Paxton only looked at the girl before turning his attention back to Carly. The girl got the message and walked away.

Carly was confused. "What was that about?"

Paxton shrugged. "Nothing. Just some girl in my history class."

Carly nodded. "Right. She looked like she needed to tell you something."

"Probably nothing important."

"Maybe it's not important to you, but to her maybe."

"Can we just drop it please." Paxton snapped, not wanting to explain to the girl the situation.

"Sorry I asked." Carly whispered before turning her body towards Lily to talk about the season. Before she knew it a hand slipped around her waist.

"I'm sorry I snapped." Paxton whispered in her hair.

Carly sighed. "I know." She said before turning around to face him. "I understand if you don't want to talk about it. It's none of my business. But she looked like she wanted to talk, so just hear her out?"

Paxton nodded. "You're the best you know that."

Carly smiled. "I am pretty great ain't I?"

Paxton chuckled as he watched the girl go back to talking to her cousin. The boy couldn't help but wonder if he should tell the girl how he truly felt. But he didn't want to do anything to ruin their friendship. 

Their friendship meant more even if it didn't do his little friend down there any favors.