TWENTY-TWO

Carly tends to overthink everything. And she was overthinking this whole Paxton, Devi situation. Is that why he told her he'll be okay with her dating EJ? Because he was going behind her back with Devi?

The fact that he was the one who made the pact of only having sex with one another but was the one who broke up. What a hypocrite.

"People are staring." Lily said.

"I don't care." Carly said, making her way to her locker.

"People should really learn to mind their own business." Lily death glared at some girls walking by.

"People love gossip around there, that's for sure."

"Do you believe him? That he and her didn't."

"I don't know anymore. He blew up my phone all weekend, leaving a bunch of voicemails."

"Did you listen to them?"

Carly shook her head. "Nope."

"Are you ever going to?"

Carly shook her head again. "No. Not now."

"Eddie's not talking to him right now."

"What?"

"If you haven't noticed, Eddie wouldn't hesitate to choose your side even if Paxton is his best friend. You're his cousin. He loves you and wants what's best for you."

"I'm glad to have both you and Eddie in my life." Carly smiled at her friend.

"Wow. Is this a smile I see."

Carly shook her head, but stopped when she saw him. He was staring at her.

"Carls?" Lily said, looking at the same direction as her friend. "Oh."

Carly looked at the boy, seeing if he was gonna walk up to her. He didn't. He just stood there. Carly closed her locker, looked at the boy one more time, shaking her head, and walking in the opposite direction. Lily following right behind her.