THIRTY-ONE

Truth be told, Carly did not know how she ended up in the drama room with Fabiola and Eleanor. She sat in when of the chairs as Eleanor was being over dramatic about her mom leaving. Granted Carly didn't really know much about what happened so who was she to judge?

"That's it. It's over. I'm giving up acting." Eleanor said. "Say goodbye to my little friend. Hope you enjoyed that because that was my final impression."

"Well I enjoyed it." Carly said.

"That's all folks. Okay, that was my last impression."

"Eleanor, come on, that's a little dramatic." Fabiola said.

"You're right." Eleanor said, standing up. "I shouldn't be so dramatic. Because from this point on, drama is no longer part of my life. Hello, my name is Eleanor. My favorite color is beige and my dream is to be an accountant."

"Hey I want to be an accountant." Carly commented.

"Really? Isn't it boring?"

Carly shrugged. "I wouldn't know. Pays well though."

"Oh God. Where's Devi?" Fabiola checked her phone.

"Eleanor, I barely know you ok but from what I briefly saw at your rehearsals you're amazing. So who cares if your mom went A wall again. You were doing great without her."  

"I know Carly, but she was the reason why I started acting in the first place. Without her, I'm nothing." Eleanor explained.

"You don't need someone to make you you. You're Eleanor Wong. Kickass actress. You are your own person. Remember that."

"Thanks Carly. You know you're a lot different than I expected you to be."

Why have so many people been telling her that lately? She guessed she rubs off a certain way people see as intimidating? "What did you expect me to be?"

Eleanor shrugged. "Rude, mean, dumb. No offense."

Carly chuckled. "None taken. I mean I am friends with Trent Harrison who I don't even think has any brain cells. And my cousin is Eddie Tan. So..."

"Yeah but I'm glad you're here. I needed this."

"What the hell?" Fabiola suddenly said, causing both girls to look at the girl.

"Everything okay Fab?" Carly asked.

"Nothing." Fabiola said, putting away her phone.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay?" Carly still wasn't convinced but decided to let it go. "Well ladies it was a pleasure being in your presence, if you don't mind I have a needy best friend who wants to go shopping for her winter wardrobe. Talk to you queens later." Carly said, hugging both the girls and walking out the room.

Fabiola waited for the girl to leave before showing Eleanor where Devi was. "Oh my God."

"I know."

"I wonder if Carly knew." Eleanor wondered. 

Fabiola shook her head. "She didn't. She told me Paxton told her he was having a boys night thing at his house."

"So what's Devi doing there?"

And just like that the two girls couldn't decide whether a girl who they've been through everything together or someone who they just met this year was truly their friend. Actions speak louder than words.