SEVENTEEN

After Carly and Paxton got kicked out of Devi's room by her mom, Paxton drove both of them home. Carly couldn't help but overthink what just happened. Not only did she drop the bomb that she went on a date with EJ, but Paxton was oddly ok with it? She really expected the boy to blow up on her and dramatically leave but he didn't?

"Hey Pax." Carly asked the boy.

"Yeah?" Paxton answered, his eyes still looking straight as he drove. 

"Are you sure you're okay with my date with EJ?"

Paxton nodded. "Yeah why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know I just... you took it better than I expected you too. I mean I basically broke our pact and didn't tell you until weeks later so I thought you would have blown up on me or something." Carly said looking at the boy who still wasn't looking at her. 

Paxton shrugged. "I mean we're not dating so it's not like I have a hold on you or anything. Like, if you want Caswell, don't let me like stop you."

"You would tell me if you went on dates with other girls right?" Carly suddenly asked, catching the boy off guard.

She wanted to know. Actually she already knew because her cousin has a big mouth and tells Lily everything. And Lily being a good friend tells the girl everything.

Paxton looked at the girl for a second then turned his attention back to the road. "Yeah of course."

"So have you gone on any dates lately?"

Paxton thought about it. He could tell her everything. But his ego didn't let him. He didn't like losing to EJ Caswell. He hated it. He's met the guy a few times, and man why was it so hard to hate the guy.

Why couldn't he have been a complete douche so Paxton could go all protective mood and tell Carly to stay away from the boy?

"No. No girl has caught my eye yet."

Carly nodded a bit disappointed and upset Paxton didn't tell her about his numerous dates with Zoe. "I hope Devi's okay."

"Same."

"She seems like a nice girl, a little crazy, but still nice."

"Yeah. She's been a big help with me and Trent for our project." Paxton said. 

"Oh yeah. She's the one in your history class right? With Mr Shapiro?"

"Yup."

"I can't imagine you and Trent getting anything done for anything."

"Yeah. That's why we're lucky to have her in our group. And plus she's super smart so it's a guarantee an A." Paxton chuckled. 

"That's not the reason why you choose her in your group right?" Carly asked. 

Paxton was shocked. How did the girl know without him telling her? "No. She's just a cool girl. And I like talking to her so..."

Carly nodded seeing her house come in view. "Thanks for the drive Pax. See you on Monday." Carly kissed the boy's cheek and got out the car. She waved at the boy before making her way up the stairs, opened her front door, and went inside.

Paxton waited for the girl to safely go inside her house before he drove off. He let out a deep breath, something he didn't realize he was holding in when he was talking to the girl. He hated lying to the girl because Carly will always find out. And it's only a matter of time before she finds out about his newly developed feelings for Devi.