TWENTY-NINE

"Hey Carly." Carly heard someone say.

She turned around and saw Ben. "Hey Ben. Long time no talk."

"Yeah. How've you been?"

"Good. Living my best life right now. You?"

"I'm in a pickle Carly." Ben suddenly says. 

"You're in a pickle?" Carly asked confused. 

"Yeah. I think I might like two girls. Or maybe even one I'm not too sure but."

"Breathe Ben. Breathe." Carly said to the boy doing some breathing exercises her mom would always do to her. 

Ben took a deep breathe and felt a little calmer than before. "I might like this girl..."

"Who isn't Shira?" Ben nodded. "Oh boy."

"Yeah. But I don't think I ever actually liked Shira. Her and I have nothing in common."

"I did tell you that before. Yes."

Ben groaned. "Yeah. I don't need a 'I told you so' right now Carly. I just... what do I do?"

"Why are you asking me?" Carly narrowed her eyes. She was the least experienced one and it took her years to confess she liked her best friend. 

"Well you were good at advice the last time I asked you so maybe this time you can help me too."

Carly sighed. "Lucky for you Ben, I too went through something like that too."

"Really? I thought you liked Paxton all these years."

"Eh. Yes and no. I also liked EJ Caswell."

"The senior?" Carly nodded. "I don't blame you. I mean have you seen EJ. If I were you I would have chosen EJ over Paxton. No offense."

"Are you trying to tell me I chose the wrong guy?"

Ben shrugged. "Yes and no."

"Ben!"

"Ok I'm sorry. Forget I even said that." Ben said, putting his hands up in defense. 

Carly chuckled at the boy. "How do you feel when you're with the other girl?"

"Challenged. Like I don't have to act like someone else when I talk to her. Shira, if you couldn't tell, isn't the brightest bee on the planet. So I always feel like I can't say certain things, talk about certain things because I know she won't get it. With Devi, I don't have to be afraid of that." Ben's eyes widened when he name dropped the other girl. "Oh I didn't say Devi I meant..."

"Your secret's safe with me Ben." Carly said, zipping her lips. "And if you truly feel like that about Devi, maybe you should tell her. If there's anything I learned from this is telling the other person how you actually feel does wonders."

"I'll think about it." Ben smiled. "Thanks Carly. See you around?"

Carly nodded. "Bye Ben."

✄-----------------------------

OVER 700 reads? WHAT?? You guys actually like reading this story?  Thank you so much for your support! I love you guys soo much!! 

Also cute little moment with Carly and Ben. I realized the only people Carly has actually interacted with is the obvious, Paxton, Lily, Eddie, EJ, Trent, but I'm trying my best to tie in her story with Devi, Fabiola, Eleanor, and Ben.