THIRTY-SIX

"Why the hell did you have to drink so much?" Lily said, a bit disgusted seeing Carly wipe the throw up from her mouth.

Carly had to throw up so EJ pulled over for her to do it. It was a sight Lily would not like to replay ever again.

"Who the hell are you? My mother? Didn't realize my best friend was such a biz kill."

The car ride was silent. No one said anything because they didn't know what to say. Anything and they mean anything could easily tick Carly off. And they did not want that right now. Everyone was tired and over tonight. 

Her house quickly came to view. EJ turned off the engine.

"You guys need me to come in?" He asked.

Eddie shook his head. "Nah it's okay dude. Thanks EJ for everything."

"Anytime."

Both of them pulled the girl out and dragged her to the door. Before any of them could open the door, it opens revealing Carly's mom.

"What is going on here Eddie?" Cindy asked. 

"Don't worry Auntie. She's..." Eddie tried to say.

"Is she drunk?" None of them said anything. They were too scared. "Just..." She says as she looks around. "Get her inside."

The couple nods, dragging the girl inside.

"You guys stay the night." Cindy tells them. 

"No Auntie it's..."

"No buts Eddie. It's already past midnight and I don't want you getting in an accident."

"We'll be in an Uber."

"You never know." 

"But..."

 She puts a finger in his face. "What did I say?"

"No buts."

"Good boy. Now take her to her room and you guys have the sleepover you guys always have you know minus Paxton."

Carly groans at hearing his name. "Thank you Mrs Tan. Good night." Lily says as she drags a very drunk Carly to her room, Eddie following behind. "That went well."

"Oh no, we're definitely gonna get a handful tomorrow." Eddie said, scared for what's gonna happen tomorrow. They got lucky tonight. Tomorrow, they'll hear an earful. 

"I hate him." They hear Carly say as they threw her on her bed. Eddie laid on her right side and Lily on her left side. "I finally had the guts to tell him how I feel and then what? It bites me in the ass. I thought maybe, just maybe I'll get something I've always wanted in life. Why doesn't he love me?"

"Of course he loves you." Lily said, stroking the girl's hair.

"Yeah fucking right. He would have told me everything that happened the last few days. He wouldn't have lied to me about a boys night. We haven't even talked since forever."

"Look Carls. You're my cousin. My favorite cousin for that matter. You deserve the world and pining over someone that treats you like shit won't make you happy." Eddie said truthfully. He was tired of sitting back seeing his best friend treat his cousin like shit. 

"How the hell do you know he treats me like shit? You don't know shit Eddie."

Eddie sighed. "Maybe not. But I know you and with Jason away it's my duty to be your older brother and protect you."

"You know what's funny. Lately I've been thinking maybe I chose the wrong guy. Maybe I should have chosen EJ. EJ has proven so many times he's there for me no matter. He drops everything for me. But why isn't that enough for me? Why am I still thinking about Paxton? Why do I love someone who..." 

The couple looked over to see that Carly passed out. Lily and Eddie threw a blanket over them and slowly fell asleep too. 

✄-----------------------------

poor Carly

I just wanna give her a big hug