THIRTY

"Hey Carly."

The girl turned around to see one of her friends. "Hey Fab. How's it going?" 

Fabiola smiled. "It's going."

"What's got you so happy?" Carly didn't miss the girl's smile. 

"I told my mom."

"You did." Carly smiled. "And how did it go?"

"It went well. She was surprisingly cool about it."

"Yeah. That's fantastic. Right?"

Fabiola nodded. "Yup. It just feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders because I told her."

"Well I'm happy for you Fab. I really am." Carly pulled the girl into a hug. The girl was happy for the girl. It isn't easy telling someone you're gay. So for Fab to tell her mom without any complications was a big step. 

"Thanks Carls. I appreciate it. So what are you up to?"

Carly shrugged. "Practice got cancelled because our coach is crying that her boyfriend broke up with her."

"Oh my gosh is she okay?"

"Not too sure. All she texted us she's not emotionally stable for practice. Must have been a rough breakup. I suppose I'll bother my friends or something."

"Oh yeah how are you and Paxton?"

Carly smiled at the mention of the boy. "We're good. I asked what he's up to but he hasn't responded yet but other than that our relationship is good."

"Well I'm glad. I mean if you don't have anything else to do you can come with me and watch my friend Eleanor rehearse for the play she's in." Fabiola suggested to the girl. 

"Sounds fun. But I think I'll have to pass. Maybe next time?"

Fabiola nodded. "Sure. See you around Carls."

"Bye Fab."

Carly waved to the girl as she saw her walk down the hallway. She looked down her phone and saw she got a text.

Sorry. Boys night. Text me when you get home so I know you got home safe.

Carly pouted. She didn't remember her cousin telling her he was going to a boy's night at Paxton's house.

"Hey Fab. Wait up." Carly yelled, running to the girl who stopped for the girl to catch up with her. "On second thought, I would love to join you to watch Eleanor."

Fabiola smiled. "Yeah. Let's go." 

✄-----------------------------

Cute little moment with Fabiola and Carly!!