THIRTY-FIVE

"Shots shots. shots." Carly yelled.

Carly was a mess. She had definitely gone over her limits with alcohol but did she care? Nope.

Lily and Eddie looked over at the girl. They tried numerous times trying to get her to stop and take her home but nothing worked. So they gave up but have been keeping a close eye on her in case something were to happen. You never know with these high schoolers.

They spotted EJ Caswell walking into the room with some of his friends. He looked very confused to see Carly drinking and looking like she could barely stand up. He spotted the couple and walked towards them.

"Hey Eddie, Lily." EJ smiled. 

"Hey EJ." Lily said.

"What's up man?" Eddie said, doing a little handshake.

EJ shrugged. "Should we be concerned with Carls?" He pointed to the girl yelling at Trent for not doing a shots competition with her.

"You try telling her to stop." Lily said.

"We've been trying for hours but eventually gave up." Eddie added.

"Where's Paxton?" EJ asked.

Lily and Eddie looked at each other then at the boy. "You didn't see what happened?"

"No? I came a bit late. Had to drive my mom to the airport. Did something happen?"

Eddie sighed. "Long story short Devi fell in the pool, Paxton helped her out and drove her home I'm assuming."

"Have they talked since she's gotten here?"

Lily shook her head. "Nope. She told you about what happened?"

EJ nodded. "Yeah and gave her some advice to talk to the boy, guess that didn't happen." He looked at the girl, worried that she's gonna go over her limits and will regret what she's doing the next day. "We should really take her home."

"Yeah we should." Eddie agreed. "Auntie would kill me if she saw her daughter right now."

"You guys." Carly yelled, pulling the 3 into a hug. "I love you guys so much. You guys are literally and I mean literally the best people in the entire world. And that's saying a lot. Because Harry Styles and Drew Starkey exist in this world." Carly rambled.

"Okay, we're taking you home right now Carls." EJ said.

Carly shook her head. "No. I want to stay. I need Trent to do shots with me."

"Babe you're at your limits." Lily said.

"No."

"Carls."

"I want to stay." Carly shouted like a little kid that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas. 

"Tell you what Carls." EJ says to the girl. "We go home now and I promise you we'll stop by to get some ice cream?"

"What type of ice cream?" Carly said, interested. 

EJ shrugged. "Anything you want. Deal?"

"Deal." Carly smiled.

"How did you do that?" Eddie asked the boy.

"She takes her ice cream very seriously. On our way home from our date, she screamed because she saw an ice cream parlor. Literally had to make a last minute lane change to get in the plaza." EJ explained as he guided everyone out of the house. 

"Huh. Interesting." Eddie said, wondering if EJ was the right guy for her cousin because no one, not even he knew that. And he could bet that Paxton didn't know that.

Eddie was definitely team EJ now. 

✄-----------------------------

EJ stepping up!!