THIRTEEN

"What do you think?" Carly asked, walking out the bathroom to show her best friend and cousin her outfit for her date with EJ.

"My my. I didn't realize you can clean up that well my cousin." Eddie said, causing Carly to roll her eyes.

"You look hot." Lily cheered. 

Carly smiled looking at herself in the mirror. She did look hot without looking like she was trying too hard. Since the weather was getting a little colder in California, she wore a midi skirt with a tank top, some black doc martens, and a leather jacket. Her hair was loosely curled and her makeup was lightly done, giving her a more neutral look.

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Eddie said, immediately getting up from his spot on her bed. He practically spirited out the room and down the stairs.

"He better not embarrass me." Carly said.

"Knowing him, he would." Lily chuckled, handing the girl her purse. 

Carly sighed. "Great."

"Hey. Everything's gonna be ok. Just be yourself. If he's truly the one for you, he'll like you for you." Lily reassured her friend. "C'mon. The faster we get down there, the less Eddie talks."

Carly looked at herself one more time and followed her best friend down the stairs.

"So what are your intentions with my cousin?" Eddie said to EJ.

"Well I intend to take her out to this cool restaurant my family usually goes to."

"Uh huh. And?"

"And get to know her more?"

"And?"

"And?" EJ asked the boy, confused.

"Ok that's enough Eddie." Carly said, stepping in front of the boy. "Bye." She quickly said, closing the door behind her. "Sorry. He could be a bit protective."

EJ chuckled. "Understandable. You look beautiful. Not that you don't look beautiful every day."

Carly chuckled. "Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself."

And with that, Carly had the time of her life with someone who she didn't expect to. EJ took her to this Italian place to get some Risotto and walked along the beach as they talked about everything. But yet, even if she had a good time, she couldn't help but feel a little guilty.  Like she was doing something wrong.