THIRTY-SEVEN

After waking up from a huge headache and her best friends telling her what happened last night, Carly did not want to face the world. Correction she did not want to face her mother or Paxton. But you know the universe just wasn't on her side today.

Lily and Eddie left the girl to fend for herself against her mother. Carly's mother is a very traditional Asian woman who might seem like she likes meeting new people, but isn't afraid to speak her mind. Oh yeah and she secretly hates partying. She also likes sticking her nose in other people's businesses. Especially her kids. 

Boy if only she knew that her oldest son is in a frat at USC, partying it up every single day, she would have a heart attack. 

"What happened last night Carly? You don't drink during softball season?" Cindy asked.

Carly looked away from her mother, ashamed and embarrassed thinking back to what happened last night. Not only did she feel completely humiliated by Paxton but she totally embarrassed herself in front of EJ.

"It's nothing mom."

"No it's not young lady. You tell me why and I'll try to understand."

Carly sighed, not in the mood to have this conversation. "I'm dating Paxton, well I'm not so sure now but..."

"What? That's fantastic isn't it?" Cindy said, happy for her daughter. She always shipped them. 

"Yeah I guess."

"Why the sad face?"

Carly sighed. "A few days ago, he lied to me saying he was hanging out with the boys. I asked Eddie about it and he had no clue about it. So the next day, I tried finding him ask him why he lied, you know trying to make sense of the situation. I didn't find him. Instead I ran into Ben..."

"How is Ben? I miss that boy." 

"He's fine mom. It was his birthday yesterday that's why I was at the party."

Cindy nodded. "Ok. Go on."

"Ben told me that this girl he likes, Devi did a photoshoot with Paxton."

"Ok?" Cindy said, very confused.

"Long story short at the party she fell in the pool, Paxton helped her out and drove her home."

"And you haven't talked to him since?" Carly shook her head.

"I actually thought that maybe it was the right time you know. He made me feel so special, like I was the only girl he wanted to be with. I guess I'm not good enough for him. I mean we haven't even dated for a month and this all already happened. I mean..."

"Aw sweetie." Cindy hugs her daughter, wiping the tears from her cheek. "Don't you ever say that ok. You're a gorgeous young lady who's smart, beautiful, good at everything she does. And if a boy especially Paxton out of all doesn't see that, then they're not worth your time. Because you deserve more than just being second best."

"Thanks mom."

"No problem sweetie. Don't worry if he hurts you, we'll have Eddie deal with him." Cindy tried lightening up the mood. 

"Mom we both know Eddie doesn't stand a chance."

She laughed. "Yeah but it's the thought that counts."

Before any of them could say anything, the door bell rings. "Hm. I wonder who that could be." Cindy walks up to the door, opening it to reveal Paxton. "Oh hi Paxton. What are you doing here?"

Shit.

"Good morning Mrs Tan. Is Carly home?" Paxton asked.

"Um..." Cindy sneakily looks at her daughter to see her shake her head. ""You know what Paxton. You just missed her. Her and Lily went to the mall."

"This early?"

"Yup. It's $9 candles. And you know me. I love a good smelling candle." Cindy lied. The boy seemed to believe her as he nodded. 

"Ok. Um when she gets back can you like tell her I really need to like talk to her."

"Is everything alright Paxton?" Cindy asked. 

Carly wondered why her mother didn't stop the conversation and let the boy leave. This was awkward and painful. 

"I just like really need to talk to her. Bye Mrs Tan." And with that the boy left.

Cindy closes the door and looks at her daughter. "You know you'll have to talk to him soon right?"

Carly nodded. The girl was not looking forward to that conversation. 

✄-----------------------------

I'M BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!

Thank you everyone for being so patient with me! Good news is that I have officially finished writing the book! YEEEEAAAHHH!!! And you know what that means... daily updates!!