THIRTY-THREE

Carly couldn't find Paxton, instead she bumped into EJ and his friends.

"Carly!" They said. "We miss you."

"We literally go to the same school." Carly chuckled.

"True that."

"EJ can I talk to you for a second?"

EJ nodded, pulling the girl away from his friends. "What's up?"

"I need your advice on something."

"Sure. Anything."

"What would you do if you found out your girlfriend lied about hanging out with her friends but instead was doing something else with another boy. And that boy asked her to have sex with her and they were really close to doing it but didn't."

EJ was confused. "Huh. That sounds complicated and messy."

"You're telling me." Carly groaned. It shouldn't messy in her head. It sounds even messier when she said it out loud. 

"Well, um I would be mad. The fact that she canceled on me and went behind my back in hanging out with another boy who they have history with." Carly nodded as she listened to the advice the boy had for her. EJ noticed the shift in mood. It didn't take a genius to put two and two together that she was talking about her boyfriend. "Maybe you should talk to Paxton?"

"How do you know it's about Paxton?" Carly asked, surprised. 

EJ chuckled. "Well for you to be so worked up about something as big as this, I would think it's about your boyfriend."

Carly sighed. "Lately he's just been really MIA. He usually drives me to school but didn't today. The day after he lied to me? Is it just a coincidence?"

"You want my honest opinion?" Carly nodded. "What he did, was shady as fuck. Like the fact that he didn't tell you about it was one thing and then avoiding you the next day is another. Didn't realize Yoshida was such a dick."

"Hey. He's still my boyfriend." Carly defended her boyfriend. She's been doing that a lot. 

"Sadly. Just talk to him. Tell him how you actually feel. Ask him why he had to find the need to lie to you. And whatever happens, it's for the best."

Carly nodded and hugged the boy. "Thanks EJ. You're the best."

"Of course I am. I'm EJ Caswell."

Carly rolled her eyes. "Gosh your ego is higher than the Eiffel Tower. My friend Ben's having a birthday party tonight at his house. You coming?"

EJ nodded. "Yup. He tutored me in math. Pretty cool dude. Any ideas what to get him for a present?"

Carly shrugged. "I think Ben's the type of guy that likes experiences and having quality people in his life, he doesn't care so much about presents. I can relate."

"Noted."

"Get him a lightsaber pen. He'll love that."

"Got it. Thanks Carls."

"See you tonight?"

"See you tonight." EJ nodded. "And remember Carly, talk to him. You deserve to know the truth."

Carly nodded and walked away from him. She felt better talking about it to EJ. He has proven to her multiple times that he will always be there for the girl no matter what. 

✄-----------------------------

1.2K reads!! WHAT !! I love you guys so much! Thank you so much for your love and support for this book! Literally the only thing keeping me through this already boring school year!!