TWENTY

Carly was on her way to her locker. She was swapping out her History textbook for her AP Chemistry book. This day was going too slowly for Carly's liking and it didn't help she got her period. Yeah cramps are not fun.

"Hey Carly." EJ said, standing next to her.

"Hey." Carly weakly smiled.

"You alright? You look burnt and it's only 9:30." The boy said, checking his apple watch.

"It's just that time of the month and my cramps suck."

"Oh man. You want some chocolate? I heard that helps. I can run to the vending machine and get you some."

Carly shook her head. "It's fine EJ. But thank you."

"Hey even if we're in a weird place right now. You typically indirectly rejected me which I'm totally fine about, but at the end of the day, our friendship was something I'd like to keep."

"Me too." Carly smiled at the boy.

Before any of them could say anything, a voice interrupts them.

"Carly!" Paxton yelled, throwing his arm sound the girl's shoulders. "Sup Casewell."

"Yosida." EJ nodded.

"Is there something you need or..."

"Nothing." EJ shook his head. "See you in class Carls."

Carly couldn't help but wrinkle her eyebrows. Why did she feel like Paxton was trying to stake his claim on the girl?

"He's such a tool." Paxton commented.

Carly rolled her eyes." EJ's nice. And probably the only reason why I'm passing AP Chem."

"Still don't like the guy." Carly was about to say something before she felt another wave of cramps. Gosh why did girls have to get periods? She would rather have a dick than deal with period. "You good?"

"Yeah. just cramps."

"Aw shit. That sucks dude."

"Tell me about it."

Paxton nodded and started talking about how he and Trent made a TikTok and got 100K views. Carly really didn't listen much to the boyy only because she didn't care.  

✄-----------------------------

WHOSE TEAM ARE YOU ON?? 

TEAM PAXTON?

OR

TEAM EJ?

Personally I'm TEAM EJ only because Carly seems like she likes being around him than Paxton. Oh Paxton you gotta step up your game or else you're gonna lose Carly to a hot senior.