FORTY-SIX

Carly spent her entire Saturday crying, that and watching every single show or movie on Netflix. She was currently watching A Cinderella Story.

It was currently at the part where Hilary Duff's character Sam was talking to Chad Michael Murray's character Austin when they were at the Halloween dance and started dancing at the gazebo.

"Boys like that don't exist." Carly yelled at the screen, throwing some popcorn at it, like it did anything.

"Oh Carly." The girl heard someone say. She turned around and saw her cousin and best friend. They haven't talked since they told her everything about Paxton.

Carly rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the tv screen. "Who let you guys in?"

"Your mom did." Eddie replied, taking a seat next to her.

"I'll remind her not to next time."

"Carls, you gotta get up. Take a shower or something because you stink." Lily told her friend.

Carly shrugged. "Why should I? There's no one I need to impress."

Eddie sighed. "Word. But it's not for anyone, but for yourself. Don't you think you'll feel better if you had a nice, hot shower."

"Nah. I think I'm okay. I don't even smell that bad."

"Yes you do Carly. We got you your favorite Lush bath bomb." Lily held up the Lush bag, expecting the girl to take it which she didn't.

"You guys are so annoying. I was perfectly fine sitting here alone. You guys just had to ruin it." Carly rolled her eyes. 

"Carls." Lily said, sitting down next to the girl, taking her hand in hers. "We don't know how much pain you are going through right now but we do know is that we both love you so much. There are people out there that love you and if that one person you want that love from can't see that, he shouldn't be the reason for your downfall. You are so much better than him. Don't think for a second it was all your fault. You did absolutely nothing wrong."

"And if he doesn't understand that then don't waste your time on him." Eddie added.

The girl didn't say anything. If she was gonna be completely honest, she wasn't really paying attention to what her best friend and cousin said. She was too distracted with her movie. Eventually she heard both of them sighed and got up from their spot. Eddie put a Chick-fil-A takeout bag on the coffee table.

"We'll be back soon." Eddie half-smiled, not knowing what else to do to help his cousin. It was taking everything out of him not to punch Paxton. That and because he needed another month or two to gain some muscles to actually not make a fool out of himself when fighting Paxton.

"We love you Carly." Lily said as the couple walked to the door, looking at their best friend one more time then left. 

Carly just sat there. She tried not to take what Lily said too seriously. She knew what Paxton did was shady as fuck, but why did she forgive him already? 

Everything he did, whether it hurt her or not, she would have been fine with it. She would forgive him like that.

And the scared Carly so fucking much.

How easily she would forgive Paxton. But she knew she had to be strong this time. He shouldn't be given the free pass this time. Especially since now, he cheated.