TEN

"So is there something going on with you and EJ that I should know of?" Paxton said as he drove them to the Mexican restaurant Trent really liked going to.

Carly hated her life. There was absolutely nothing going on with her and EJ but her dumb cousin and best friend thought there was just cause they're chemistry partners. And now that they put this idea in Paxton's head, there goes her chances of telling him how she truly feels.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing is going on between EJ and I. We're just chemistry partners. Eddie and Lily are making a big deal out of nothing." Carly tried saying, making it very clear to the boy her and EJ are just friends. Although a part of her wouldn't mind dating the water polo, baseball superstar. He's hot. 

Wait, what?

Paxton nodded. "You know you can date whoever you want Carly. I know we agreed to have this best friends with benefits type of thing going on but if you want like EJ, go for it." Paxton said, not wanting to tell the girl that he almost broke that rule with that sophomore girl in his history class.

Carly nodded, looking out the window. "Well I appreciate it Pax. But like I said before EJ and I are just friends. Nothing more."

"I hope you're right." Paxton whispered mainly to himself, hoping the girl didn't hear him but she did.

"What?"

Paxton shook his head. "Nothing."

"You sure cause I thought you said---."

"And we're here." Paxton cut the girl off, cutting the engine and immediately getting out of the car, leaving the girl very confused.

Was Paxton jealous? 

✄-----------------------------

100 views? WHAT!! You guys are the best!! ❤️