TWENTY-FIVE

Practice went by quicker than the girl would have liked it to be. The girl successfully avoided the boy. Well that was until now.  

Paxton was waiting for the girl at one of the tables near the parking lot. She walked quickly to her car only to be stopped by the boy.

"Carly!" 

Carly sighed debating whether to just drive off and deal with it tomorrow or turn around and see what the boy had to saw. Her voice chose the later one. 

"Hey." Carly said, turning around. 

"Hey." Paxton smiled. "How was practice?"

"Alright." Carly simply said. The pair feel into an uncomfortable silence. Both not knowing what to say next. 

"You've been avoiding me."

"No I haven't."

"Carls..."

"Paxton I had a long day so whatever it is you have to tell me just say it."

Paxton sighed. "It started when you were waiting for me after my swim practice. When you asked me who I was talking too, that was when she asked me if I would have sex with her. I said yes. And I know I shouldn't have. I don't even like her that way but I like I wasn't thinking. We were close to like doing it." 

"So what stopped you?" 

"You."

Carly shook her head. "Bullshit." 

"It's true." Paxton grabbed the girl's hand. He didn't want her to run away from this conversation. "I like you Carls." 

"No you don't." 

"The reason why I didn't care when you told me about your date with EJ, it's cause we both sorta went against the pact. But it's different now. I am sorry for what happened."

Carly sighed as she looked down at their intertwined hands. Her mind was having a fight with one another. On one hand she can tell the boy how she truly feels and maybe they could finally be together. Or she can completely shut the by down and leave. 

"You wanna know why I didn't feel anything for EJ?" Carly asked as the boy nodded. "I like you. I like you a lot." 

The boy looked at the girl. "Really?"

Carly nodded. "Yeah. For a while now actually."

Paxton smiled. "So what now?"

"Well I'm no expert, but I think that's not a way to ask a girl out."

Paxton chuckled. "Will you Carly Mimi Tan make me the happiest guy on earth and be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." 

✄-----------------------------

IT'S HAPPENING EVERYONE! PAXTON AND CARLY ARE HAPPENING!! ANY IDEAS ON SHIP NAMES?

CAXTON?

PARLY?

CARTON?