3. Trouble

Again, the two of them are seated in the office flipping through their paperwork when you arrive. You cursed and swore at your luck. Why can't they leave the room for you to do your stuff? You sighed and rolled your eyes before sitting at your desk.

The day was rather uneventful. You had tons of scheduling to plan and made many errors because you aren't used to this stuff. You spent the most of your time double checking your stuff because you can't afford to let Tony know that you can't do your job properly. You don't even understand why he needs an assistant when he has his AI, JARVIS.

It was time for the party, so you dragged your feet there. You ordered a vodka tonic because it would be weird to be seen without a drink in your hands. Everyone came around to ask how your day and experience was to which you replied.

"It is an eye-opening experience. I am learning a lot by just being here for 2 days."

You learned that's for sure, but you were sick and tired of it already. Suddenly, you felt your phone vibrate. You knew it's from Strucker, because only he has the number. You slipped out of the party unnoticed and saw his guy waiting near the tower.

You were still talking to him on the phone, and he tells you that there has been a change of plans. You are going to retrieve the information tonight and pull out immediately. You took the new USB from his guy and was heading back to the party when you saw Wanda standing outside.

"What are you doing here?" You started the conversation first, not wanting to seem intimidated.

"I could say the same to you." She raised an eyebrow.

"I was just enjoying the cool wind here. Freshen myself from the drink." You anticipated her asking you back. You smile at her while walking back, you didn't need her answer. As long as you carry out your job, everything will be fine.

You didn't have another chance to slip out after catching Wanda outside, so you had to wait until the party ended. This makes things tricky since they all stay in the compound.

You managed to hide and stay in the compound. You snap your fingers, and you get a change of clothes. You can't be wearing a glamorous dress while stealing other people's data.

You entered the office using the key card you got from working here. So far so good, nothing happened. The lights are still off as you head to your desk. You had figured out which documents you wanted to copy and all you have to do is plug the USB in. You see the screen light up and the documents are copying. You don't actually know what you're copying, all you know is that it's something related to the technology Tony has.

You slowly see the bar fill up when suddenly, the lights turned on. You looked around and saw that Nat and Steve were looking at you.

"Oh shit."

You snapped your fingers again and ran away. You leave behind an illusion of yourself and see them getting tricked into thinking you gave up so easily. You ran out of the compound and saw yourself surrounded by the rest of the Avengers.

"I'm in deep shit." You snapped a few more times, creating a few more versions of yourself and attempting to escape. Tony, however, created a blast radius so big that you were unable to dodge it in time. The rest of the illusion faded, and you were sent flying to the wall.