14. Movie

"Stop it! It's not me." You sat up panting from your dream.

"Hey, you're alright. Nobody's here to hurt you." Nat cupped your face with her hands.

"Where am I?"

"You're in our lab. You passed out." Nat said as she brushed your hair aside. "Are you okay? What happened? Why were you on the chair?"

"I- he-... I'm okay." You smiled slightly at her. You tried to get up from bed but Nat put her hands on your shoulder.

"Where are you going?"

"To my room. I am not injured, am I?" You continued making your way to your room. You felt fine, there was nothing wrong with you.

"You're up!" Wanda shouted from the hall as she saw you walking back. You smiled at her not knowing how to reply.

"Why don't we go have some fun, instead of just staying in the compound. How about a movie?" Wanda suggested a day out.

A day out sounds fun. You had been cooped up in your room for the past few days before this and it was time to explore around the city.

"Sure." You head back down to join Wanda. Both of you walked to the nearest cinema. Along the way, you asked her about the things you saw. Technology improved really fast during the period you were trapped in Hydra. There were many things you've never seen before, such as 4D images. The cat literally looked like it was about to jump out of the screen.

Wanda bought the tickets and popcorn from the counter, and we went right into the theatre.

"What movie are we watching?" You realised you walked into the theatre without knowing anything.

"Horror." Your face changed. You're not a fan of horror, secretly hoping that the theatre was dark enough to hide your expression, but you forgot that it cannot hide your silence.

"You scared?"

"What are you talking about?" Trying to play it off. "I'm excited." You tried to laugh it off.

The movie started and you kept your eyes half closed and bit on your lips, so you don't scream. You held your popcorn in front of your face so that it covered most of the screen. When it comes to the jump scares, you lifted the popcorn up higher and closed your eyes, only peeking when the music had died down.

The movie was finally over and you heaved a sigh of relief. You didn't even know what the movie was about. All closed your eyes for the majority of the movie.

"Look at the mess you made." Wanda pointed to the floor.

You realised you spilled popcorn on the floor. You didn't even take a bite of the popcorn and it was already half gone. "Let's just get out of here." You stood up, not acknowledging the popcorns on the floor were yours.

"How was the movie?" Wanda asked you as you walked back to the compound.

"I don't know..."

"You don't know or you didn't see." Wanda smirking at you.

"Stop teasing me." You punched her shoulders lightly.

You were laughing with Wanda when you walked into the compound, and you saw Nat crossing her arms looking at you.

"Here comes trouble." Wanda whispered to you. You watched as Wanda took herself out of the confrontation.

"Where did you go?" The questioning has started.

"Watch movie with Wanda." You stood at the door not moving.

"Since you are fine already, I guess you can continue school tomorrow." Nat turned and left the room. You thought she was going to reprimand you for leaving the compound without her permission. You looked towards Wanda who was sitting at the common area, raising her eyebrow. Nobody knew what Nat was thinking.

School was starting again. The week flies by slowly at times and swiftly when you are not paying attention. You're not ready for school again.