13. Memories

Everyone went to get ready. You went to the armoury to choose a gun. You were feeling Glock 19, you picked it up and tested it out. Feeling satisfied with your choice, you went ahead and joined everyone in the quinjet.

You were tasked to go ahead first, bringing people out with your illusions. You sneaked in quietly and snapped your fingers a few times and sent them to different directions. They had no idea what was coming because everyone was talking over each other.

Some noticed your illusions and notified the rest. Soon everyone came rushing out of their rooms and you threw a grenade at them. Most of them were put of commission but some still managed to escape. The rest of the Avengers were outside cleaning up the remainder of them. You proceeded further stealthily trying to find Strucker. You see him still working on his project with his back facing you. You didn't see anyone around, so you tried to take him down.

Suddenly, two men came flying down from the ceiling and pinned you down. They brought you to the chair and fastened you in.

"This is my farewell gift to you. I knew you'd be coming, and traitors will always be traitors." Strucker finished computing his project. You know what he's planning to do. You recognised this chair, he is going to mess with your memories again. Strucker does this routinely, he makes sure you remember only what you need to know. Nothing more, nothing less.

"LET ME OFF! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE HERE!" You tried to wrestle out of the straps. Your heartbeat and breathing starts to be irregular.

"They say ignorance is bliss. So, I am returning your memories to you. I'm sure you missed your family." Strucker placed the electric pads on you. He started the machines and escaped through the back door with his subordinates.

"GET BACK HERE!!!" You scream at the top of your lungs. In seconds, all the memories came flooding back. It was as if someone placed a screen right in front of your eyes and played it at top speed. Waves of emotion overwhelmed you and you passed out.

*Meanwhile with the Avengers*

The Avengers were cleaning up the remaining enemies. Fury was here to pick them up and send them straight to jail. These people usually know nothing useful.

"Where is Y/N?" Steve asked after doing a head count.

"I don't see her outside." Tony was still flying around, trying to find any stragglers.

"She must be still inside." Wanda concluded.

Nat immediately ran towards the base and tried to find you after hearing their conversation. The others saw her running and followed after her. There was nobody left in the base. Nat shouted your name but there was no reply. They ended up finding you lying motionless on the chair with all sorts of wire attached to your head.

Right away, Steve went to shut down the machine. Nat made sure you're not hurt and took out all the electric pad pasted all over you.

---

You're dreaming. You went back a few years to the time when you were still living with your parents. You just came back from a long day at school. Your mother immediately turned and stared at you the moment the door swung open. You knew it was not a good thing, normally she would just ignore and not acknowledge your presence.

"Where is it?" You could tell she was angry at you.

"Where is what?" You have no idea what she's talking about. You don't remember doing anything that would make her mad.

"You stole my money."

"Money? No, I didn't. I didn't take anything." You knew your younger sister was pinning this on you. She loved to push the blame to you knowing that mother would believe her and not you.

"Don't lie. You spent it with your lame bunch of friends didn't you."

"Don't bring my friends into this. They did nothing wrong, and I didn't steal it." You walked past her and straight into your room.

"You're getting more and more brazen these days, starting to lie now huh?" She went to take a cane and started whipping you.

"Stop it!... I didn't do it!" You're backed into a corner with nowhere to escape. You could see cane marks forming on your arms and legs after each whip.