23. Mid-sem test

It was the last day for the mid-semester test. You didn't study much because you had to go for missions and stuff. Not that Peter got it easy, but he could handle it, he's not Stark junior for no reason.

Teacher passed down the test paper and the test began. You stared at the paper. Was this topic covered? It was totally alien to you. You tried to answer to your best ability and hoped for some method marks, but honestly your chances were slim.

You tried to remember what the teacher had taught about this subject, and you wished your superpower was photographic memory at this point. Not that it would help though because you weren't paying attention in class anyways.

You scratched your head trying to find the answers hidden in the questions.

The test ended and you felt like you just ran a marathon. You're going to fail.

"How did it go?" Peter caught up to you.

"How about you tell me how it went?" You asked him back.

"It went well." He shrugged his shoulders.

"I figured as much. I have to wait and see when the results come back in a couple of weeks." You knew you were probably going to fail but you were trying to be optimistic.

You parted ways with Peter when you reached Nat's car.

You could see Nat open her mouth to speak. "Don't ask anything." You said coldly. You honestly don't want to think about it anymore. You bit your nails on your way back. Yeah right don't want to think about it, it was all your head could think about. You wanted to check your book if you got the answer right, but you also didn't want to be greeted by the realisation that you got the answer wrong.

You slammed your fist on the dashboard in anger, causing Nat to jump and the car to sway a little.

"Sorry." You took a deep breath.

"It's okay. I know you're stressed."

You were more than stressed, you were frustrated. You needed to get your energy out.

"Can you drop me off here? I'll run back to the compound." You couldn't wait any longer.

Nat slammed her brake. "Here?"

"Yeah thanks." You unbuckle your seatbelt and make a dash for it. You were going at top speed all the way. By the time you reached the compound, you collapsed to the ground and were trying to catch your breath. You felt that there wasn't enough air for you. The air felt really thin, and it was tougher for you to focus.

Nat threw a towel at your face, and you sat up to face her.

"Better?"

You nodded as you stood up and followed her into the compound.