30. Limit

After a few days, you went back to school with a sling on your arm. You didn't miss much because there were school holidays, but Nat didn't want you to go back to school while you're still weak. Peter has been delivering you notes for school because he knows you need to catch up. He spent a few hours each day teaching you the subjects you were weak in.

You stood outside of class and took a deep breath; you knew you were going to get laughed upon for missing more lessons and coming back with a sling. Nat told you to take it easy in school before dropping you at school, though we all know what she actually meant.

"Look who decided to come back after taking a hiatus? Looks like you went to find trouble." You knew the owner of the voice without even turning around.

You decided to ignore her and stepped into the class taking your seat.

"Are you feeling better already?" Peter asked as you took your seat.

"Yeah. In a few days I should be able to take off the sling." You told him as you got ready for class.

Liz has been giving you lesser trouble since that day at the canteen, but you can see every now and then she'll stare at you like she's planning something. When you catch her staring at you, you'll send back a smirk causing her to turn away.

---

"Don't forget to study, it's the last stretch!" Peter reminded you as both of you walked out of school.

"Yeah, there is a target I need to beat."

You stepped into Nat's car.

"I hope you didn't cause trouble today."

"I don't cause trouble wherever I go. Just drive."

As soon as you got back, you dropped your bag on the floor and flopped in bed. As you almost get engulfed into the blissful sleep, you remembered that you have homework to do. You rolled your eyes and groaned as you sat up and made your way to your table and started your work. Like what you told Peter, you had a goal by the end of the semester.

You turned on your desk lamp as the night turned dark. You kept getting distracted by the enticing bed that was just right behind you. Just a few steps and you can get away from all this.

You tried to push through, you were getting restless, but you were left with your last question. You banged your fist on the table and chuckled because you couldn't solve the last question. You knew you were at your limit because when you laughed, something was really going on.
(I even laugh during a test/exam)

Your brain just couldn't focus. You tried to read the question again, this time slowly and carefully, hoping to be able to find some headway. You were trembling, biting your lips and nails, frustrated at yourself for not being able to proceed even though you looked at your notes and tried everything. Your tears were on the verge of dropping. Your paper was still blank.

Nat opened the door and you looked at her. Your first tear dropped and the next and the other and it kept on flowing.

Nat looked at you in horror. "What's wrong?"

"I- I am left with the last question- and I can't do itttt." You cried like a baby into Nat's waist as you held onto her clothes.

"It's okay, you don't have to do it now." Nat said as she stroked your head, trying to calm you down. She kneeled down to your level and wiped your tear-stained face. By now, you were sniffing, trying to stop crying.

"Tell you what, why don't you just skip school tomorrow?" She looked into your eyes.

"No! I cannot afford to miss any lessons, I'll fall behind even more." You shook your head. It was true, you barely got up to your feet when everyone has run off and you can't afford to stay in place any longer.

"Then just go to sleep now. It's late and you have to wake up early if you want to go to school." You looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, you were not one to leave your work half done.

Nat touched your eyebrow. "Go to sleep." She said it with more determination.

You sighed and complied with Nat. She made sure you fell asleep before leaving your room. It was quite a few hours...