36. Graduation

It was finally your graduation day in school, and you met with Peter and his friends before heading into school.

"So how do you feel?" Peter asked

"Great! I mean I am getting used to living with Nat and the rest in the compound and I get to see Liz face drop today." You laughed as you spoke to Peter.

"It's been a year since I started living in the compound, glad to say I prefer it here."

"Are they coming?"

"Yeah. Tony is coming to see you, don't need to worry." You patted his shoulder. You know how much Peter look up to him.

---

Everyone gathered at the hall and waited to collect their certification after the ceremony. After the long speech by the principal which no one listens to, it was finally time to get on stage.

"And now we have the Most Improved Student. This student had a bad track record, grades almost couldn't make it but came back with a magnificent improvement when no one else thought she could do. Y/N Y/L/N."

You stepped up on stage, shook hands with the principal and collected your certification. You did think of killing him right there, but you thought better. You could see from the stage that Liz has her arms across her chest, sneering at you. She was supposed to receive a speech as well but you guess she didn't make it. She didn't believe that you would do well in the final examination. You gave the principal a wide smile before leaving the stage.

Everyone collected their certifications and you met back up with Peter who was with Tony. You can't help but feel bad for Peter, he did so well throughout the years but there was no special speech for him. School was like what you thought it was, glory and fame was what they wanted. Even during the speech, they left out the part where you got bullied. Can't have a stain in their record.

"Nat!" You ran up to her and gave her a tight hug. Everyone was here to witness yours and Peter's graduation.

"You did great."

"Thanks to you for standing by me." You were really grateful for her. She was with you every step of the way. She gave you something your real mother couldn't.

"How do I look?" You twirl around, showing off your robe. You never thought you would be wearing this.

"Perfect." Nat gave her signature smirk.

You looked down and shuffled at your feet.

"What's wrong?" Nat noticed the change in emotion and grabbed your hands.

"I- I want to dedicate this to you... mom." You looked up at her who looked shocked.

Does she not want it? Does she not like it? You thought.

Nat pulled you into a hug whispered into your ears. "Thank you... I love you, child."

You hugged her tightly, not letting go. Finally, someone to call mom...

That's it for this story, there's a new one coming tomorrow. It will have a mini game where you have to figure out the answers.